Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default W395 - Walkman Version of F305 - Codename Yao

Hallo Guys,
    Maximys got the info, that the Walkman-Version of F305 got the name W395. It's codename is Yao.

It has the same specs like the F305, but with Walkman-Player.

It will be announced as soon as possible. The Release will be in April 2009.

Tobi

Vecta

Default Re: W395 - Walkman Version of F305 - Codename Yao

I can't believe SE's making another copy and paste phone, they should know by now that it doesn't work as well like it use to. Their 4Q earning really makes me want tell SE to make smartphones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vecta
    I can't believe SE's making another copy and paste phone, they should know by now that it doesn't work as well like it use to. Their 4Q earning really makes me want tell SE to make smartphones.
    yeah, they need to get their shit together and start to make new phones and not the same old stuff as they have been doing for years now! what really happen to SE?
    testing

Vecta

I don't know, but if they don't put their act together they will lose more market share. SONY and Ericsson will eventually split up. I just hope that day doesn't come. See.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This phone is nice. But I will not buy a Low-End Phone. I know some people which would buy such a phone.

Tobi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Now official:

Quote from USEB:
    In a rather surprising move, Sony Ericsson announced today the low-end W395 Walkman phone. As you can see, it has a slider form factor with a rather glossy housing and is equipped with a 2.0″ 176×220 scratch-resistant screen, supporting up to 262k colours. The Walkman boasts a 2-megapixel non-AF snapper on its back, which is adequate for an “affordable” phone. Did I mention Photo fix? Now that’s a first for a phone of its class, I believe.
    The music side of the phone features the familiar Walkman 2.0 player with a customizable equalizer, the MegaBass equalizer preset, album art and stereo widening (and stereo speakers to boot!). It also has Sony Ericsson’s well-known TrackID music recognition service, which lets you identify the title, album and artist of a song just by recording a small clip of it.

- Sony Ericsson takes pride in understanding the youth market, and the W395 is a mobile phone that caters to all their needs with great music quality, says Alexandre Cardon, who’s the Global product marketing manager for music at Sony Ericsson in a press release.
    - Our most affordable Walkman slider phone to date allows users to share music with friends as well as video clips and photos for the ultimate entertainment experience, he continues.

There’s FM radio with RDS and Bluetooth with A2DP on-board as well. The most interesting feature is perhaps the built-in stereo speakers “with high quality bass” - I don’t know about you guys, but that kind of surprised me. The W395 ships bundled with the HPM-64 stereo headset and with a 1GB M2 memory card.
    Another interesting thing about this phone is that it also features and accelerometer, which means that you can play motion-controlled games on it, much like the gaming F305, the former being basically a Walkman version of the latter.

It measures 96 x 47 x 14.9 millimetres and weighs 96 grams - that’s almost exactly the same as the F305. Its battery is good for 8 hours of talk or up to 480 hours of standby life - that’s actually quite impressive! Music listening time is set to only 12½ hours though, which is hardly ground-breaking.

So, the W395 will be available in “selected markets” in 2 colours - Dusky Grey and Blush Titanium from the first quarter of the year.
    If, you ask me, this addition to SE’s portfolio seems a bit redundant, but I guess that design does look rather well and that it’ll be mostly popular among the youngsters.

We’ve got live pictures of the W395 in cooperation with SE-community after the break!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

testing