Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    GMP

Default Installing Programs on WM6

I'm new to WM and I'm baffled..... Help?? It seems like I have .cab files all over the place. I control what goes to my SD card manually. When I look at the "mobile device" in My computer, It initally opens with all the files and the actual Mobile Device at the top of the list.

I like nice clean files. Once I install a program, whether it is via a .cab file or an .exe file, can I delete all those .cab files that are just lingering, it seems like I have 2 or 3 copies of the same program taking up space on my actual phone memory, but I don't know what I can delete and can't delete and still have the program run!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Installing Programs on WM6

well the easiest way to clean u your phone is to make a master reset, all the apps that u have installed will automatically be deleted and only the default files will remain!
    testing

mufaddal_km

ok here is what u need to do
    first
    it is always better to install any application via cab files than installer fles as they occupy unnecesary space on ur desktop
    after your installation you can remove the cab files
    if u have installed any app on you phone memory and u wish to transfer them to memory card ..just move the app folder containing the exe and dll file to memory card and run the app from there

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I would place all your cab install files in one place, that way, when you're done, you can safely delete them. I would not recommend trying to delete any other cabs outside of the directory you create though.