Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Vecta

Default The official C510 thread

The new Sony Ericsson C510 is dubbed as the most affordable Cyber-shot to date - it has a 3 megapixel camera, imaging shortcuts and Face detection plus Smile Shutter. The Sony Ericsson C905 is also getting the Smile Shutter treatment via a software update that should be available somewhere in February 2009. A new color version for the 8 megapixel C905 is also made available for the ladies.

The Sony Ericsson C510 Cyber-shot has a 2.2-inch QVGA scratch-resistant display, quad-band GSM support plus tri-band UMTS/HSPA connectivity. On board there's an accelerometer for auto screen rotation and motion gaming plus an M2 memory card slot and stereo Bluetooth. Threaded SMS/MMS (conversation style messaging) is among the latest Sony Ericsson features that's also on board the C510.

The C510 metallic-looking body has a 12.5mm of thickness and the sliding camera cover makes a bold statement about its imaging capabilities.

Meant as an affordable cameraphone, the Sony Ericsson C510 has a 3 megapixel auto focus camera with Face detection and Smile shutter. There's no xenon flash as you might have guessed it (only a LED one) and you can get geotagging but only by cell triangulation, as there's no actual GPS receiver in there.

The Sony Ericsson C510 Cyber-shot will be available Q1 2009 in Future Black and Radiation Silver.

Plus an update to C905
    The other news today is the new Tender Rose color version of Sony Ericssons C905 that seems especially fit for the ladies.

This novelty however is nothing special compared to the expected software update for the 8-megapixel Sony Ericsson C905, which adds quite some new functionality to the popular cameraphone. The changes include:

* Smile Shutter
    * YouTube client
    * Wayfinder Navigator 8 (as opposed to the original ver. 7)
    * Threaded SMS/MMS (conversation style)
    * Snapfish wireless printing application by HP

The new software update for the Sony Ericsson C905 will be available from mid-February 2009. Users will be able to upgrade the device by themselves by simply downloading the needed files from Sony Ericsson website.

GSMarena

I am eager to see this phone, and how it's rated in the review. The design looks great, although the front is kind of borrowed from a phone that I can't seem to remember.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: The official C510 thread

Sony Ericsson C510 photo gallery can be found here:

http://www.dailymobile.net/2009/01/0...son-c510-kate/

and

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos...10-cyber-shot/

The C510 seems to be a total copy of the K610 (design)!
    testing

Vecta

Right! That was the phone I was thinking of plus the camera cover have similarities to the Samsung G800 one. SE really should make a genuine phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah, i like sony ericsson but lately their phones are just the same old! why doesnt they release something new are they out of ideas or what?
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

tho this is a nice package, simple to the point with reasonable camera option, if it only has a reasonable price it actually might find a decent following.

Vecta

Well it's the cheapest Cyber-shot they've released so it has to be cheaper then the SE k550i which i brought for $400NZD. Hopefully this will be under that price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nice phone. I like it. But I will buy the W508 in June. I want to have a Walkman again.

Tobi