Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default HTC Touch Diamond2

<object width="500" height="281"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3893461&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00AD EF&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3893461&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00AD EF&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="281"></embed></object>

A quick look at the HTC Touch Diamond 2. HTC Touch Diamond2 is the next step in the evolution of HTC Touch Diamond. This smartphone fits perfectly into the hand and resembles its predecessor. The phone is equipped with a larger 3.2-inch widescreen VGA display. There is a new touch sensitive zoom bar that you can use for faster zooming of web pages, photos, email and text messages. The new HTC Touch Diamond2 has a 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and an ambient light sensor. The new smartphone is just 13.7mm thick.
    [Via]
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2009/03/28/htc-touch-diamond-2-hands-on/">

[ View Original Blog post ]

</a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Download HTC Touch Diamond 2 manual
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gky2Xjc02xE&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gky2Xjc02xE&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gBIq2LFw9Q&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gBIq2LFw9Q&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

The HTC Touch Diamond2 gets reviewed by UnwiredView. The HTC Touch Diamond2 is the next step in the evolution of HTC Touch Diamond. This smartphone fits perfectly into the hand and resembles its predecessor. The phone is equipped with a larger 3.2-inch widescreen VGA display. There is a new touch sensitive zoom bar that you can use for faster zooming of web pages, photos, email and text messages. The new HTC Touch Diamond2 has a 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and an ambient light sensor. The new smartphone is just 13.7mm thick.
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2009/05/17/htc-touch-diamond2-review-2/">

[ View Original Blog post ]

</a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Touch Diamond2 Review

I like this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Touch Diamond2 Review

yeah it seems like a cool phone
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, I've had my Touch Diamond2 now for over 3 week. It has replaced my SE Xperia X1i and I honestly was a little nervous at first since it cost so much and some of the issues I was having with the X1. But, After having read a couple hands-on and previews, I decided to take the jump. And really, there wasn't anything that caught my eye at that time. Ok, so the Diamond2 is a Windows Mobile 6.1 based device in HTC's Touch Class of mobile smartphones.

Specs

Gallery

When I received my package, I first noted the box, it was, matte black and pretty plain looking. Not the best first impression and certainly not like opening an iPhone for the first time. Opening the box now, I proceeded to pull out the cardboard. There it was, the Touch Diamond2. It's a square candy bar shaped phone, it's a hair wider than the Nokia 5800, but a 1/3 less thick. Obviously it was extremely light without the battery, but when putting in the battery, it was still impressively light. It's not cheap light, but it has a nice feel, it's solid. Powering on the device, after inserting my SIM and Memory card (yes, no memory card included), you're greeted with and HTC logo, a nice sound effect, a WinMo splash screen and then HTC's custom setup. It's quick and doesn't require the usual screen calibration or password prompts. You can do those later if you wish, but HTC has pretty much nailed the sensitivity. The first thing you will notice, obviously, when the device is first loaded is TouchFLO 3D. It's HTC's skin/interface to try to removed alot of Windows Mobile's hideous underpinning, and for the most part, does an excellent job. I actually wish HTC would integrate TF3D more into the default applications, like SMS, because the tab version of SMS is slick. I've used TF3D on the X1 before, ported from Rhodium and Blackstone, so I know what it's about. TF3D is fast and smooth on the TD2, impressively so. There's no default landscape, but it can be enable through the registry or other tweak apps, but it really isn't that necessary since not all the tabs are optimized for it. The default keyboard, ezinput, is very good. The 3.2" screen makes the keys large enough and the flat flush screen make it easy to tap the keys on the edge, unlike the X1, which you had to angle your finger. HTC touts the TD2 as a conversation-centric phone.

"The HTC Touch Diamond2 arranges your conversations by people, not just by how you speak with them.
    When looking at your contacts, you now can see a history of your conversation in whatever form it took place. It doesn’t matter if you get asked about a recent email while you are talking on the phone, or if you’re in a café reminiscing about a friend’s recent text – all your interactions are neatly laid out for viewing and follow-up in a tree of communication with that person."

This means that you can have separate SMS, email, events (like Facebook updates and birthdays) and call logs tabs from with the contacts card. It's a great idea and I hope they can integrate more in the events tab. Email is better now since 6.1 supports HTML email, but you must be running Exchange 2007 for this support. The internet tab has a default search bar, YouTube and Opera Mobile. The YouTube app is simple awesome, open search, play and in high res, none of the watered down mobile versions. The vidoes look wonderful on the 800x480 screen (recommend encoding in DivX). The processor chews through the vidoes like butter. Opera Mobile is a super experience too, it renders really well, it's fast enough and I like the auto full screen. The calendar tab is a decent, but there are alot of 3rd party apps that perform better. I do like the weather integration though. The music tab is ok as well, it has a little bit of the cover flow involved, but it still needs more work as a player. Music DOES sound excellent however and quite possibly bests the X1 on this front, but then again, I have SRS WOW installed and Audeo Phonek headphones. Your mileage my vary. The weather tab, I think everybody has seen this, it's a partially animated weather tab with large icons. It looks sweet and functions great, but for some reason the forecasts (accuweather?) are mostly off.

The hardware. I personally love the size of the phone, the dimensions are for me, perfect. I loved the feel of the BlackBerry Pearl too, FYI. There are 4 front facing buttons, send, Windows, back and end (which doubles and home). They all have a nice tactile feel and work flawlessly. The top also houses the earphone, led, gps and light sensor. There insn't a proximity sensor, but I really wish there was. Then there is the volume rocker on the left side, which in my opinion are the opposite of the front facing buttons. No tactile feel and sometimes does not register button presses. On the top of the phone is the power button, which also acts as the suspend key. It's placed on the left, which is a little awkward, but at least it works well like the front facing buttons. On the right is a single speaker and it does it's job well. It's not the loudest nor the softest, but I do wish there were 2 for stereo playback. On the bottom of the phone is the mic and USB port. That's right, no 3.5mm jack. You must buy an adapter if you want you use your own headphones. I knew this coming in though, so I bought an adapter because I love my Phoneks. The backside of the phone sports the 5MP camera, and it actually works pretty well. If it had a Xenon flash, I'd be ecstatic, but nay, it doesn't, so you'll have to make due with massive amounts of sunlight. Videos are also recorded pretty decently, but it certainly doesn't replace a camcorder or even a camera. Now, I've noticed some impressive things so far with the D2, first with Coreplayer, which plays EVERYTHING smoothly and the battery life, which last exceptionally long, as long as you don't install hacks like SDKcerts or SIPchange. Also, surprisingly, the screen is legible in sunlight! A first for a Windows Mobile device! All kidding aside, the screen is wonderful, it's bright, sharp and the viewing angles are good. *New addition, GPS. I just want to say that it is excellent, I use it with iGO8 and live search and it is just an awesome experience.

So, having come from the X1, I was a little skeptical, but boy am I glad I did. I'm more of a media centric guy, so losing the hardware keyboard isn't a huge loss to me. The optimized CPU, along with better camera and screen make this one of the best phones I've ever used. In all honesty, It's probably THE best I've owned. I Recommend this phone to anyone that wants a great all around phone. With TONS of apps already available, a Windows 6.5 upgrade path and a large community (XDA) behind this, the D2 is going to only get better.

eViL D:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Touch Diamond2 Quick Review

great review man! gonna publish this on the blog tomorrow! thx!
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

HTC Touch Diamond 2 launched in India at around Rs 30,000.

http://techwoo.com/htc-launches-touch-diamond2/

http://www.htc.com/in/product/touchd.../overview.html

Now the competition for 30K+ mobiles hots up :N97,HTC Touch Diamond 2,Iphone 3G,Next is What ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Touch Diamond 2 launched in India

how much $ is 30.000 rs?
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Touch Diamond 2 launched in India

30,000.00 INR = 632.245 USD

India Rupees United States Dollars
    1 INR = 0.0210748 USD 1 USD = 47.4500 INR

http://www.xe.com