Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default how to send music off my phone to other phones and set my music as my ringtone

how do i send music to my friends phones and make my tunes on my phone my ringtone cos im flummoxed on my n900

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: how to send music off my phone to other phones and set my music as my ringtone

To set as a ringtone if you are in the main screen on the media player that shows the song playing, click on the album art that will take you to the list of songs in that playlist. Select the one you want and hold it, as in don't tap it once and let go, tap and hold. It will give you some options such as "clear current playlist", "save playlist" and "set as ringing tone". (The options will show up in a box and everything else in the background will go blurred)

Or you can set your ringtone from profiles. Go to settings - profiles - general - ringing tone - more - chose your song.

To send music to your friends device there are 3 ways to my knowledge.

1.) fmms - I think! I have never used this so I cannot tell you how to do this
    2.) email - send it as an attachment in an email to your friend
    3.) petrovich - is a sharing app that you can download from the extras repository. Once installed, click on it and navigate to your file, it is pretty intuitive I don't expect that you will get lost. Once there select your file and it will present you with the options to "share via bluetooth", "share via service" and "send via e-mail" choose the option that suits you best and voila you are on your way. The "Share via Service" option allows you to upload your files to social networks like facebook or share on flickr and other such services.

I tried my best to give you a good explanation. I hope this helps!

Enjoy your device, it is pretty amazing! I am quite new to Maemo as well and I am still learning too, but the more I learn the more I love this device

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: how to send music off my phone to other phones and set my music as my ringtone

try petrovich its great for file sending