Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MeeGo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MeeGo

I meant from Nokia. There wont be any devices out till the authumn anyway. It's only the software that will be aviable not any devices afaik.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It seems an odd decision by Nokia, and a very disappointing one for new owners of the N900, that rather than simply upgarde the o/s on the N900 to MeeGo they are instead going to wait 6 months or so until they have a new phone ready for MeeGo. Whilst it seems LG already have a phone with the Meego o/s waiting to be released.

Why didn't Nokia delay the release of the N900 until it could be released with MeeGo rather than with an o/s which was going to be obsolete within a month of it being released to the UK market.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by droitwichgas
    It seems an odd decision by Nokia, and a very disappointing one for new owners of the N900, that rather than simply upgarde the o/s on the N900 to MeeGo they are instead going to wait 6 months or so until they have a new phone ready for MeeGo. Whilst it seems LG already have a phone with the Meego o/s waiting to be released.

Why didn't Nokia delay the release of the N900 until it could be released with MeeGo rather than with an o/s which was going to be obsolete within a month of it being released to the UK market.
    Have you read the above posts ?
    What makes you think that Maemo6/MeeGo will not be able to run on the N900 ?
    Oistano pointed to Nokia's N900, a Linux-based smartphone introduced last year, as an example of devices that would benefit from MeeGo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eerde
    Have you read the above posts ?
    What makes you think that Maemo6/MeeGo will not be able to run on the N900 ?
    the n900 will benefit in terms of applications produced but most likely it will not get meamo6/meego however lets hope for the best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

...but most likely it will not get meamo6/meego...
    Where did you get this info ? Or is it just guessing...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20100215/tc_zd/248373
    Kai Oistano, executive vice president of devices for Nokia doesn't know what he is saying and you know better ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep just a guess thats why im hoping it does get meego, but to be honest even if it didnt ill still be carrying my n900 with me and using it as my no.1 phone/mobile computer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eerde
    Where did you get this info ? Or is it just guessing...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20100215/tc_zd/248373
    Kai Oistano, executive vice president of devices for Nokia doesn't know what he is saying and you know better ?
    Sadly it seems he doesn't speak to the person in charge of meamo/meego at Nokia as his blog clearly indicates the N900 wil not be getting meego.

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

See in particular his replies to posters in the "comments" section. It seems the N900 will not even now be getting voice navigation which hardly suggests they are going to support the device once meego is released??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@ salawat

How much you askin for your n900?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

sorry mate i put it up for sale, but then couldnt imagine myself without the n900, so didnt and would not sell it im very happy with it as it is.

sorry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by droitwichgas
    Sadly it seems he doesn't speak to the person in charge of meamo/meego at Nokia as his blog clearly indicates the N900 wil not be getting meego.

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

See in particular his replies to posters in the "comments" section. It seems the N900 will not even now be getting voice navigation which hardly suggests they are going to support the device once meego is released??
    Ari Jaaksi said...
    [...]
    Could you quote where he wrote that? All I can see is that Jaaksi tells that the N900 WILL get MeeGo (but not all the benefits of it cos of hardware limitations).
    Honestly, I'm a bit puzzled why this MeeGo announcement was interpreted so that we would be abandoning N900. Who said so? What is it in the MeeGo that makes you think so? -- I'm trying to do my best to explain why the opposite is true.

...obviously not well enough, though.

And I repeat -- for what of the new software runs on N900 -- I simply do not know. Looking at the characteristics of our hardware and other plans, not all, I'm sure! But certainly many many apps will run.

And for you hackers, N900 is open -- as an additional bonus.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast