Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: maemo 6

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default maemo 6

does any one have any input on this . is it to my understandin that maemo 5 is just the os which can be upgraded to maemo 6 when it comes out and will the n900 be able to take it.

another thing while am here how is the push email and customize ring tones etc
    thats in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: maemo 6

If the rumors is correct then N900 won't be able to upgrade. Maemo 6 is rumored to bring features that the N900 hardware doesn't support. Multitouch is one of the things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but all the software that the hardware can't support should be deactivated..and then it should run on n900.. even if that isn't possible then the supported features could be included in a firmware upgrade for the n900

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks for your reply boss. thats sound good any one else on the other items . seen as how i have one on order as i have let my n97 go

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I find it interesting that what new hardware can possibly make N900 incapable of running M6. Capacitive screen ? Compass ? BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If they change the CPU from the current A8 to something even more intelligent in the new Maemo 6 devices they would need to make a Maemo 6 core just for the N900, and anyone here think they will spend money on that when they even can't make Symbian stable?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

they won't spend money to make a meamo6 core just for the a8, they'll just send the n900 into maintenance mode..its usual nokia behaviour..advance to new tech n drop the "old"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sending out a signal that the N900 will go into just maintain mode after less than 6 months would be very bad PR for Nokia.
    If there are any features in Maemo6 that the N900 cannot support due to hardware issues, these could just be disabled for the N900. A Linux/Debian based system can always be adapted to specific needs. It may just need a little hacking.

So, I am confident that the N900 will rum Maemo6, maybe without multitouch support, but that is nice for zzzooming but few things else...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Would Nokia worry about bad PR? If they did, would they have released the N97 in its original state?

If they are intent on making Maemo6 available on the N900, why not say so now? It would raise the sales of the current device (I know I'd buy it if I KNEW it was getting Maemo6).

There's speculation on maemo.org that the root size may be a limitation which prevents Maemo6 running on the N900. There may also be hardware reasons.

If you want the N900 with Maemo5 get it, if you buy and believe you are going to get Maemo6 you may be very disappointed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think... Maemo 6 on N900 will be possible... It can adapt to run Maemo 6.. Wait n see...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast