Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default New JAVA Web Browser - BOLT 0.73

BOLT is a free downloadable browser that offers an uncompromised browsing experience on even lower-end mobile phones. Rather than offering a simplified, mini version of the Internet, BOLT provides users with a fast, efficient, feature-rich way to enjoy full PC-style web pages and rich media applications on all levels of mobile devices. Built on Bitstream's ThunderHawk browsing technology, BOLT is the result of 5+ years experience developing mobile browsers that optimize usability, speed and performance on resource-constrained systems with limited memory, processing power and screen space.

The Features:
    It's Java ME (J2ME), so it should work on most featurephones. Don't expect it to work on your iPhone, though.
    WebKit based rendering engine

* Relatively lightweight - 150kb storage, 500kb of RAM required
    * Fast! In BOLT's words: "Bitstream measured download speeds of 13 popular websites including Amazon.com, CNN.com, ESPN.com and nytimes.com. The second fastest browser averaged download speeds in excess of 18 seconds across all pages. On the same phones, using the same networks, BOLT's average download speed was under 13 seconds, a full 5.5 seconds faster. "
    * Like Opera Mini (the main J2ME competition), data is passed through a proxy for rendering and compression before being passed to the handset, speeding things up and saving battery life. It's generally a good thing, though such practices tend to spook most security-minded folk. Pages are compressed at a rate of 23:1.
    * RSS reader built in, with automatic feed detection
    * "Split screen browsing" - 2/3 of the screen shows the full page, serving as a mini-map with a highlighting box, while the other 1/3 shows the magnified area.
    * URL auto completion
    * Phone numbers automatically parsed for Click-to-call
    * User interface is currently English only, but the browser can render pages written in any Western-European language.
    * AJAX support, and Flash video support (Sort of - it'll take FLV files and convert them to the more mobile-friendly 3GP format, streaming that to you.) Note that that's Flash video, not Flash in its entirety.
    testing

Vecta

Default Re: New JAVA Web Browser - BOLT

Awesome, installed it perfectly on to my Sony Ericsson K550i.

imran

awesum. install it perfectly in my nokia 5800

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia 7610 - error

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Works great on Nokia N82. Thx a lot! I couldn't install it using the .jad file though.. I got an error when the .jar file should have been downloaded and installed.
    Anyway, the important thing is that it works and it's pretty damn fast. Also it has some kind of online convertor for youtube .flv files. It converts them into .3gp (although not to a very good quality).
    Thx again!

boltsupport

Thank you for your comment. Please let us know the details of the issue face. Our engineering team has seen your suggestion for key strokes and is already working on improving usability for all devices.

For retrial of the download the key is one-time use only so if you accidently hit it within your email program, you may find the key unusable. If you have this problem, please sign up again at http://www.boltbrowser.com/download.html and you will receive a new key. Please note that all urls are one time usable.

Thanks,
    BOLT Beta Support Team at Bitstream
    support@boltbrowser.com

Quote Originally Posted by bboyshock
    Nokia 7610 - error

ccc2nd

Works fine on the lg renoir......

chairmanplow

So far so good on the Samsung Eternity.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It's not working on Nokia N96. I get "Unable to install" error

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Seems great...but facing one issue in my nokia 5800...still not able to figure out how to browse full screen (in desktop mode). Bottom part of the screen is always filled with virtual navigational key pads. How to hide/remove it? Anyhelp?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast