Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How to downgrade your iPhone 3GS using a Cydia saved SHSH (Windows)

In order for these instructions to work you must have previously jailbroken on an earlier firmware version and opened Cydia allowing it to save your SHSH on file. More here.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and select the hosts file , open it with notepad , and add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to end of the file. Save the file.

You are now ready to downgrade your device. Put the iPhone into DFU mode and in iTunes Shift+Click the Restore button to select the firmware you would like to downgrade to. If you get error message 1011 or 1013 just ignore it. If you get error message 1015 repeat the entire restore then jailbreak after it fails the second time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to downgrade your iPhone 3GS using a Cydia saved SHSH (Windows)

gonna try this! thx for the tip
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi new to forum when i try the above i get an error saying cant create file plz help. i have iphone 3gs 32gig on 3.13 fw its mc model

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Tell us more , what are you doing ? I don't get it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Will it show on the current firmware after you do it the second time? Any detail on the steps? Cause when I first get the error, my phone is undetectable, but I think its still in DFU mode. So I turn it on and repeat the process, then I try to jail break it and it didn't work. I kept showing me 3.1.3 and I kept choosing 3.1.2.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel21x
    Will it show on the current firmware after you do it the second time? Any detail on the steps? Cause when I first get the error, my phone is undetectable, but I think its still in DFU mode. So I turn it on and repeat the process, then I try to jail break it and it didn't work. I kept showing me 3.1.3 and I kept choosing 3.1.2.
    1st do you have SHSH's on file on Cydia ?
    2nd do you bypassed the apple server by adding 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

please read suriks article : http://www.saurik.com/id/12

here are some of the details:

Bypassing the Overlord

To this end, I have constructed a server that duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple's signature server, except using "on file" results rather than live requests.

All we need, then, is to make iTunes use it. Luckily, most operating systems also have the ability to locally define bypasses on specific hostnames through a file called hosts. Using this, we can redirect requests to Apple's signature server to Cydia.

So, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.

This server will also act as a cache for any SHSH blobs it hasn't seen, acting as an intermediary to Apple's server. This effectively registers your device with the "on file" mechanism, which means you can now enjoy the protections of being able to downgrade your firmware in the future even if you aren't jailbroken.

Performing the Restore

Now, one would have hoped that the process would be as easy as "restore using the 3.0 IPSW". If only we were that lucky. The first problem is that a downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 must be initiated in DFU mode.

So, we begin: hold down the lock and menu buttons (some call these the power and home buttons) for 10 seconds, letting go of the lock button but continuing to hold menu until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.".

Note that, at this point, your iPhone's screen should be entirely black. Many people confuse "DFU" with "recovery" (and in fact, iTunes itself glosses over this), but they are quite different. If you see anything on your screen, such as the iTunes logo and a sync cable, or a cartoon of Steve Jobs swearing in Cyrillic, you are in recovery mode and need to try again. One can find videos online that may help.

At this point, you should do a "normal" restore to the 3.0 software. When doing this, remember to hold down the option key (on Mac OS X) or the shift key (Windows) while clicking the Restore button in iTunes. Select the firmware (which is probably named iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw), and things should be on their way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@nigel21x

I read your other post:

How do I find out if I stored my ECID SHSH on file on Saurik's server? When I jail broke my phone right when I got it (Feb 5, 2010), I used blackrain and selected the option to "make my life easier." Was that saving my ECID SHSH on file on Saurik's server? Please help. Thanks! =)

P.S. I did jail break my phone the very day I got it. That's the first thing I did after transferring my contacts. Then like I said, I did blackrain and make my life easier. But the next day, I accidentally updated from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3
    maybe your SHSH's are not saved on sauriks server ( you updated to 3.1.3 one day after "making your life easier") , maybe they were still pending and not saved

do you opened Cydia after "making your life easier" ? , does it looked like my screenshot (1st post) ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pece1976
    @nigel21x

I read your other post:

maybe your SHSH's are not saved on sauriks server ( you updated to 3.1.3 one day after "making your life easier") , maybe they were still pending and not saved

do you opened Cydia after "making your life easier" ? , does it looked like my screenshot (1st post) ?

Pece , hi im new to this Forum .. and i have few questions to ask i hope u can help with me it , .. first i have 3gs 3.1.3 MC model . when i was on 3.1.2 i jailbroken it with blackra1n .. and i got cydia and everything . anyhow , i accidently i updated to 3.1.3 ... and i lost everything and ever since im trying to Downgrade to 3.1.2 .. but i dunno if SHSH had been saved..

i tryed to Downgrade my iphone from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 i followed all the instructions .. by going to Hosts and post this line "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" and then i went to DFU mode then SHIFT Select 3.1.2 Firmware

i get an error : The Iphone Could be Resotred . This Device Isnt Eligible For the Requested Build , i tryed to guess what does it mean , well i thought u can help me with this...
    please reply asap
    thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

and is there any Way to findout about the SHSH files without cydia ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast