The jailbreak scene has been pretty quite lately with no news on jailbreak progress. Despite this, Hackers are still hard at work to find new exploits and release a working jailbreak tool as soon as possible.</p>

However the well known hacker iH8sn0w has moved forward to release an update to his popular f0recast tool, version 1.4, which adds numerous new features including some major ones such as checking SHSH blobs availability.</p>

</p>

In addition to this, f0recast now includes some new features:</p><ul>[*] Shows available SHSH blobs stored on Cydia's TSS server.[*] Provides a link to the list of firmwares available for the connected device.[*] Slight UI changes.[*] Added support for latest scenarios.[*] Added new devices (iPhone 5, iPod touch 5, iPad mini, etc).[*] Built-in update check.[/list]

Version 1.4 of F0recast tool also got a revamped UI , checks which devices and iOS versions can be jailbroken (tethered and untethered) . Unfortunately , the ability to check for a factory unlock has been removed in this new version due to "legality issues" as stated on his site . Furthermore if you're interested to know the reason to this removal, here's the comment he made:</p><blockquote>"The way I was looking it up was by an API I created that would directly interact with Apple GSX and process a request to check the status of an IMEI. In the long run, Apple would become aware of how I'm doing it and do something drastic such as limit the amount of requests permitted per GSX account (200 per hour for example) or most likely terminate my account. I'm also pretty sure its a violation of Apple GSX's term of service. There are alternatives to checking the unlock status... But then the issue of bandwidth/load management comes into effect. Unless the device is jailbroken there isn't much you do to check. I will continue looking into it in the near future though."</blockquote>
F0recast is available for download for Windows or Mac .
<a href="http://dailyiphoneblog.com/2012/12/24/ih8sn0w-updates-f0recast-tool/">

[Read the original blog post]
</a>