Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS iOS 4.0 on Windows with Sn0wbreeze

iH8sn0w released the updated version of Sn0wbreeze for Windows. With Sn0wbreeze you can jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS (with old iBoot) and iPod Touch 2G.

Step 1. Download the required files and make a folder on Desktop and put the Firmware iOS 4 and Sn0wbreeze tool in the folder. Launch Sn0wbreeze ( Windows Vista/7 user start the application in administrator mode) and connect your iPhone via USB to your PC.

Step 2. Click on the arrow to go to the next step, we now have to choose between Easy or Expert mode.

■Simple Mode - Which provides step by step instructions as below and automatically detects your correct firmware and adds the unlock and activation and jailbreak with Cydia automatically to your
    custom firmware.
    ■Expert Mode – Where you can adjust the settings on the various different additions to the custom firmware – if you click through and do not change anything in expert mode it will make the same.

Step 3. At this point we have to choose the firmware to select, then click on“Browse” and find the firmware we downloaded earlier and click Open.After selecting the firmware application automatically detect the device on which will go to jailbreak, then go ahead.

Step 4. Going in order, click on “General” and advanced once again. At this point, if you make a Jailbreak iPhone, the application asks us if we activate our iPhone.

Step 5. Now we must choose how Unlocks for your iPhone.

1.If you are using an Official service provider (i.e. AT&T) you do not need to Unlock Baseband, select NO.
    2.If You are using an Unofficial service provider (i.e. T-Mobile) then Select YES

When you finish choosing options suited to you, go ahead. Sn0wbreeze will not update the baseband so you baseband firmware 4.0 with the previous one.

Step 6. In next screen you have a choice to install Cydia or Rock or both, if you’d like to take my advice install Cydia only.

Step 7. It ’s time to choose the packages to be included in your firmware. We can choose between:

■Repository pre-added;
    ■Manually add a repository (currently this feature is not available);
    ■Add. Deb that you have on your computer.

We’re done with all the customizations! We can now proceed to create the firmware, click on “Build IPSW”Now we have to wait a few minutes to create the firmware and complete procedure can close the application.

Step 8. Now put your phone in DFU/Recovery mode [we suggest for DFU mode].

to put your iPhone in recovery mode :

1.Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
    2.Hold down the home button.
    3.While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
    4.Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-iTunes screen You are now in recovery mode.

to put your iPhone in DFU mode :

1.Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    2.Turn iPhone off.
    3.Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    4.Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    5.A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
    6.If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.
    Step 9. Open up iTunes and you will see a warning message which is communicated to you that you have connected an iPhone in recovery mode, click OK and move on.

Step 10. Then click on the Shift key on your keyboard, and simultaneously with the mouse on the Restore button in iTunes. Browse the firmware you just created.

Step 11. Wait for iTunes to complete all procedures for extracting, testing and repair of your iPhone / iPod Touch. We’re done!

iPhone 3G IPSW Link

iPhone 3Gs IPSW Link

sn0wbreeze-V1.6.1

via

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Jailbreak iPhone 3G, 3GS iOS 4.0 on Windows with Sn0wbreeze

It didn't worked on my 3gs ios4.i think the reason is,i have hacked my machine with spirit method while it was 3.1.3.now i am desperate.i can't downgrade it or hack my iphone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

pls help me i've done all d above u mentioned u. but it shows a error 3194 error. pls help me out.............

pls pls pppppppppppppplsssssssssss.
    thanks in advance..................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

moved to modding section