Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Apple calls surprise conference on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Pece1976
    maybe this have something with "silent fix" (atleast I hope so)

http://gizmodo.com/5587029/iphone-4-...eaders-confirm
    Radical is on her second handset and it still has the receptionb issue as she posted in another thread

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Radical is on her second handset and it still has the receptionb issue as she posted in another thread
    Mine is all good, had the death grip but that took about 30 seconds to happen.Dont hold any phone at the bottom so i dont get any dropped calls at all, or signal drops in calls.

Got myself a clear rubber case that stops the problem and i also just got myself a Black Apple bumper, which does the job and makes it look better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G
    Mine is all good, had the death grip but that took about 30 seconds to happen.Dont hold any phone at the bottom so i dont get any dropped calls at all, or signal drops in calls.

Got myself a clear rubber case that stops the problem and i also just got myself a Black Apple bumper, which does the job and makes it look better.
    Glad your enjouing yours mate. I dont like rubber cases cause they make phones fat but they make the iphone 4 hot as i dont like the block iphone 4 design

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

What i have don't make too much of a size difference, not had a hot iPhone yet either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep on my second one and still the same crap with the signal when using the case so no death grip just normal use in a case daily.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    yep on my second one and still the same crap with the signal when using the case so no death grip just normal use in a case daily.
    users that report fix exchanged phones after (on) July 10 th , btw I dont like cases , I like my phone "naked" , maybe only a stickers on the back and a pouch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

here are some reports that I found interesting:

I actually noticed a physical difference in my replacement. On my old phone, when I ran my fingernail down the side of the phone, my fingernail would get stuck at the black separator between the two antennas. Now, when I run my fingernail down the side of my new phone it slides right over, as if there was a clear coating over it or something. My new phone has no grip of death and seems to work great! Just a thought!

Got my wife an iPhone 4 16GB on June 29th (AT&T Retail "launch" day) and I can easily reproduce reception issues with a finger on the black band. Got myself an iPhone 4 16GB directly from AT&T on July 12th (shipped July 10th after being on back order for 10 days). I CANNOT reproduce the reception issue at all on this phone. Tested in the exact same place with the new phone and it does not happen. Tonight I will do a side-by-side video of it happening on one and not the other and will notify you when its online.
    I had my phone replaced at the Apple Store in Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, Texas on Saturday, July 10th. I can confirm that the new phone does not drop more than one visible bar when being held in the death grip. I had noticed a difference but was not sure until reading other experiences. I received my original iPhone 4 via pre-order on June 23rd. The new phone came out of the back of the Apple Store in a plain, black plastic case. I do not see any difference in the finish on the metal or in the front glass. I still can't see the proximity sensor without shining light on it. With full bars showing I can death grip it and it will drop at the most 1 bar, but I can still talk and receive data uninterrupted. Fixed? I am not sure.
    Hello. I ordered three iphone 4 on 6/18. Of all three that arrived, one iPhone did not have the reception problem no matter how hard I tried to reproduced the death grip. The other two weren't so lucky though, because they did have the reception problem.
    I received my first iPhone 4 on June 23 like most pre-order-for-delivery people did. My phone suffered from the "death grip" signal loss, but it also had the issue of giving me the "No SIM installed" error on almost every phone call I made... consequently dropping almost every call after about 3 minutes. I would have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to get the phone to recognize the SIM card again. For that reason, I went to the Apple Store this past Saturday (July 10) and got my phone replaced. They didn't even go through all that "well did you get it wet or drop it?" bullshit. They just plugged my phone into their diagnostic thing and saw how many dropped calls I had experienced and gave me a new phone. Since I've gotten my new phone, I've had great service and haven't dropped a single call. I can't replicate the "death grip" issue. Everything seems to be working perfectly.
    I love this one

So I just had an interesting experience at the Apple store tonite. I dropped my phone, tonite, and cracked the screen. Stopped by the Apple store to see what my options were (was pretty sure I was SOL and would need to buy a new phone which would prob take forever to get). Talked to an Apple employee and he said they could replace the screen for $199. Another employee overhead the conversation and asked if it was an iPhone 4. I said yes and he said "We cannot replace the screens on these phones but will swap for a new one. And we will do it FREE of charge". I asked why they would do such a thing and he responded that "they wanted to make sure I was happy with my Apple purchase". New phone does not have reception issues and, like others, has a satin feel to the antenna.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Mr G, by hot i meant hot looks

@pece, that employee is now fired for sure

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i got my phone replaced on july 12 still the same hot mess with the signal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)