Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default i phone availability

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post. So please bear with me. I couldnt find any other forum to post this.
    I want to know why Apple isnt doing enough to promote the availability of this wonderful phone.
    I live in one of the not so remote capital cities of India. Apple doesnt have an authorised shop here.The phone is not available in the shops where i got my other Nokia phones from, which also keep other stuff like samsung, htc, sony erricson. They told me to enquire at the Vodaphone authorised shop, of which there is only one.
    At first they told me that i have take a vodaphone sim with post paid network services. They told me i could deactivate after 6 months and i could put other sim of other network. But the lady goes inside and talks with her boss and comes back and tells that i have to keep the network with vodaphone if i want the internet because i can do internet on the i phone only on a certain plan that vodaphone has sole rights over. Now i could use the phone for outgoing and incoming calls only after 6 months but no net ! Now i phone without net is useless so i walk out of the store coz i cant afford vodaphone post paid connection with net. The phone is a different thing. its a one time investment but to continuously keep the post paid connection month after month...no... its not feasible.
    Thanks for listening. I want that phone with a sim i use already....and net plan which is affordable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: i phone availability

Quote Originally Posted by spandaa
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first post. So please bear with me. I couldnt find any other forum to post this.
    I want to know why Apple isnt doing enough to promote the availability of this wonderful phone.
    I live in one of the not so remote capital cities of India. Apple doesnt have an authorised shop here.The phone is not available in the shops where i got my other Nokia phones from, which also keep other stuff like samsung, htc, sony erricson. They told me to enquire at the Vodaphone authorised shop, of which there is only one.
    At first they told me that i have take a vodaphone sim with post paid network services. They told me i could deactivate after 6 months and i could put other sim of other network. But the lady goes inside and talks with her boss and comes back and tells that i have to keep the network with vodaphone if i want the internet because i can do internet on the i phone only on a certain plan that vodaphone has sole rights over. Now i could use the phone for outgoing and incoming calls only after 6 months but no net ! Now i phone without net is useless so i walk out of the store coz i cant afford vodaphone post paid connection with net. The phone is a different thing. its a one time investment but to continuously keep the post paid connection month after month...no... its not feasible.
    Thanks for listening. I want that phone with a sim i use already....and net plan which is affordable.
    There are no iPhone bargain deals anywhere, iPhone is a premium product that comes at a premium price. If a carrier is offering a subsidy on the price of the handset they are going to want to get their money back via a lengthy data and call contract. Apple doesn't need to do more to promote the availability of the iPhone, they have the market they want already. In India you have to buy from Vodaphone, In the USA it's AT&T, Apple has the luxury of choosing it's distribution partners. Sim Free (unlocked) iPhones can be purchased online and used with many operators sims but the cost of this kind of phone is never going to be cheap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for your answer invalid username. I dont regret the price of the i phone. Its worth it. But i do regret the monopoly exercised by vodafone.
    Mind sharing link for a valid reliable online store for unlocked i phones ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Check apple hong kong site, they are selling unlock iphone as far as i know.

hong kong site, they are selling unlock iphone? i want to have a look, thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopherah
    hong kong site, they are selling unlock iphone? i want to have a look, thank you.
    i think Italy also sell the unlock iphones
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks friends for your suggestions. Indeed there are many ways to skirt our problems.

Im still mad that i cannot buy an apple i phone from a store near my house. I recently went to a cosmopolitan city and i couldnt get the phone either. In comparison, there are plenty of nokia stores near my home and they still do not have X6 but at least they could tell me verbally that N8 will be available in two months time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

2 months?! that's quite odd as the n8 will be released in the third quarter of this year, that's around august right?