Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default PwnTunes - Sync your music and files without using iTunes

<style type='text/css'> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style> <div id='gallery-1' class='gallery galleryid-7763'><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><br style='clear: both;' /></div>
    PwnTunes
    Hate iTunes? Do you love your iPhone but hate iTunes? Frustrated with iPhone synching only with ONE iTunes Library? Do you want to access your iTunes Music from any PC? Here is the solution: PwnTunes! And all this is as easy as plugging the USB cable into ANY PC - no extra Software required. PwnTunes, Convenience... Optimized for your Lifestyle: iPhone - but with ALL possibilities.
    Install PwnTunes
    PwnTunes is distributed over Cydia - follow these steps to install:
    1. Jailbreak your iPhone
    2. Launch Cydia
    3. Choose Sections -> Data Storage
    4. Choose PwnTunes and Install
    5. Connect your iPhone via USB and PwnTunes will download your License or ask you to buy one.
    6. Have fun!
    Features of PwnTunes (9.99 € / ~12.50* $)<ul>[*]Drag&Drop Music Import/Export without iTunes<ul>[*]If you don't like iTunes now you can simply ignore it - and have your Music with you anyway![*]Now you can import Music from all your friend's PCs without loosing Music already on device.[/list][*]Access iTunes Music from any PC without iTunes<ul>[*]Now you can share all your Music with all your friends - as simple as with every USB-Stick / MP3-Player.[*]Now you can backup your iTunes Music to another PC.[/list][*]Use iPhone as USB-Stick for any Files<ul>[*]Now you can take advantage of the iPhone's harddisk as a USB-Stick and take all your Files with you - and leave that little ugly USB-Stick at home.[/list][*]No extra Software on PC required<ul>[*]All this is as easy as plugging the USB cable into any PC.[/list][/list]<blockquote>Need help jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod Touch? Check out this these guides</blockquote>
    <a href="http://dailyiphoneblog.com/2010/04/30/pwntunes-sync-your-music-and-files-without-using-itunes/">

[Read the original blog post]
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: PwnTunes - Sync your music and files without using iTunes

PwnTunes in action

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpPrKuUghw[/youtube]

Wingman S

This could actually be quite handy....if it was free. I almost laughed myself out of my seat when I saw the price though, you'd have to hate iTunes like it killed your entire family before it was worth paying that much for an alternative. Seriously people on Cydia/Rock need to get a grip when it comes to pricing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman S
    This could actually be quite handy....if it was free. I almost laughed myself out of my seat when I saw the price though, you'd have to hate iTunes like it killed your entire family before it was worth paying that much for an alternative. Seriously people on Cydia/Rock need to get a grip when it comes to pricing.
    I agree about pricing , 10 - 12 $ is a little to high IMO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Its daft pricing something like this so high, especially on Rock/Cydia, I'd grudge paying that much for something via Appstore where the stuff tends to be far better quality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The Public Beta of PwnTunes has been released and you are invited to participate in it! It is offered at the special Beta price of 6.66 EUR and you can install it via Cydia Repo www.pwntunes.net/beta_repo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the good thing with iTunes is that it always make a backup of the stuff add! so that you can easily restore them. Does this app do the same?
    testing