Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD to iPhone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: DVD to iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Asheyuk
    Thats still taking an hour :-( does it normally take so long?

Am not sure if am missing something but DVDfab takes just as long to do it and when I did it the first time it didn't even play right skipped like mad

What am I doing wrong?
    It depends on PC you are using. Usually, half an hour to rip a DVD should be enough (including the removal of the copyright protection [if any]).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I take it on DVDfab I click on DVD to Mobile right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Asheyuk
    I take it on DVDfab I click on DVD to Mobile right?
    No. It's DVD to DVD.
    Then select Full Disc and make sure you check Copy DVD-Video.
    Then you use Handbrake on the ripped DVD.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

right i've never really bothered with burning and ripping dvd's its never really been something i've needed to do but let me just get this right

i am ripping the dvd now is this going to save to the computer? cause every time i try it it says that i need to insert a blank rewritable disk but whats the point of burning it to another disk to do the same thing all over again?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Normally, you rip a DVD to the HDD. To do so, you need to select a "target" directory in PC (top second filed in DVD Fab).
    Then, you will have the whole DVD structure (menus, audio and subtitle tracks) nicely copied in the HDD.
    Then just select the video files in Handbrake and convert them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

right ok am i missing the point here? Whats the point in DVDFab? I ripped the DVD but its taking 7 hours now on handbrake to convert so why rip to convert?

would it not just be better to convert?

now when i converted straight from disc on handbrake the dvd jumped and was fuzzy so how do i stop that?

the help is much appreciated but am just confused as to why i need the 2 programs and why it takes so long to convert the file

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

OK, let's try it step by step.
    1. Put the DVD in the DVD bay and start DVDFab. Select DVD to DVD > Full Disk, then select a target folder on PC and rip the content there.
    Note: This should take max 30min. Why do we use DVDFab? a) The DVD may be copyrighted, and DVDFab can remove this copy protection (Handbrake cannot). b) Reading Data from a DVD drive is slower and more prone to errors than from HDD, so we bring DVD to HDD. These are the basic reasons for using DVDFab (otherwise that DVD will misbehave as you already noticed).

2. Now start Handbrake, select the video folder where you have ripped DVD. Select the files and chapters you want to convert and select iPhone preset.
    Note: the conversion should not be longer than 1 hour in a normal PC. The only thing you may want to change here is in "Video" tab under Quality, select Avg Bitrate and input 800 there. This helps to create standard iphone videos regardless of the video source quality.

For detailed instructions just google on the net. Good luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

That makes more sense and is more understandable thanks for the patience mate ill give it another whirl and hopefully it'll work.

:-)

+1 again for the help

JoseKing

Watch one of the most popular comedy series of United State called “Two And A Half Men” AND I’m sure you will enjoy a lot.

Two And A Half Men DVD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12