Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default iPhone 4 drop test - Let the torture begin

Here is the first iPhone 4 drop test performed by iFixYouri - Nothing scientific, no editting, just holding the phone where you would normally hold it to use it, and drop it to the ground. They made sure the area where we dropped it had no debris.
    Results:
    Drop 1 - Ok
    Drop 2 - Still Ok - Seemed to have turned off
    Drop 3 - Landed on back - scuffs
    Drop 4 - Cracked iPhone Screen
    The 4th drop did it in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7-OBoDFeDY[/youtube]
    Dont try this at home!
    <a href="http://dailyiphoneblog.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4-drop-test-let-the-torture-begin/">

[Read the original blog post]
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: iPhone 4 drop test - Let the torture begin

you know how many times ive dropped my n97 mini? too many to count and it keeps ticking....
    4 drops and a cracked screen? your magic glass is not so magic after all steve!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

May I introduce these guys to a wind screen microphone? Anyways, those drops were no where near the amount a phone like that should be able to withstand. I was expecting the 4th drop to be from a second story window. My old N95 has been through Hell and back, drops like that were a minor drop for me. The N95 is still going strong. Even my P.O.S N97 has been through far worst drops than this and is still physically flawless, spare a scuff or 2. Between that and the poor antenna, apple may have to release a iphone 4gs sooner than later. This may be their XBOX R.R.O.D. equivalent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Seems like a pretty similar issue with the 3GS but alteast your bare finger tips wont scratch the screen unlike the on the 3GS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz316
    Anyways, those drops were no where near the amount a phone like that should be able to withstand. I was expecting the 4th drop to be from a second story window. My old N95 has been through Hell and back, drops like that were a minor drop for me. The N95 is still going strong. Even my P.O.S N97 has been through far worst drops than this and is still physically flawless, spare a scuff or 2. Between that and the poor antenna, apple may have to release a iphone 4gs sooner than later. This may be their XBOX R.R.O.D. equivalent.
    Maybe you should stop dropping your phone and be more careful. I never drop mine. But you can't really compare a full screen phone like the iphone with something like the n95. No wonder the plastic piece of shit n95 can withstand more, and I rather use a phone with a fast interface that breaks the first time I drop it than a crappy old symbian phone like the n95. I actually think Apple is using the perfect ratio between scratch resistence and durability.

If someone wants a phone to drop into concrete once in a while maybe the iphone isn't for them. Maybe iPhone 4 will be my first iPhone.

And I think they will have to release a 4G iPhone before a 4Gs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by erak
    Maybe you should stop dropping your phone and be more careful. I never drop mine. But you can't really compare a full screen phone like the iphone with something like the n95. No wonder the plastic piece of shit n95 can withstand more, and I rather use a phone with a fast interface that breaks the first time I drop it than a crappy old symbian phone like the n95. I actually think Apple is using the perfect ratio between scratch resistence and durability.

If someone wants a phone to drop into concrete once in a while maybe the iphone isn't for them. Maybe iPhone 4 will be my first iPhone.

And I think they will have to release a 4G iPhone before a 4Gs.
    Well you will be dropping the iphone alot more if you hear what Steve says and hold it..well without holding it so that you get reception...lol!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Why don't people know how to hold the phone when shooting a video? =)

And this is why you must buy cases for this phone...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The N95 is an outdated phone now, by today's standards, but the Iphone 4 is not as revolutionary as the N95 was. And yes I work in an industry where phone durability is crucial. So go ahead and get your Paris Hilton Iphone 4 and baby it like it was your infant premature child. Don't forget to polish it every time you touch it so it stays pretty. I just pray you don't ever drop it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz316
    The N95 is an outdated phone now, by today's standards, but the Iphone 4 is not as revolutionary as the N95 was.
    indeed! the Nokia N95 was tha bomb when it got released a few years back!
    testing