Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Official iPhone 4 Specifications

Heres the official iPhone 4 Specifications:<ul>[*]IPS technology -- "Quite a bit better than OLED."[*]800:1 contrast ration, 4x better than the 3GS[*]960 x 640 display[*]Retina Display[*]3.5 inch display[*]78% of the pixels on iPad[*]Dual mics, 802.11n WiFi, GPS, compass, accelerometer.[*]Quad band HSDPA, 7.2Mbps[*]300 hours of standby, 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music[*]iPhone 4 is powered by the A4 chip[*]720p video recording[*]Video calls[*]5Mp camera[*]LED Flash[/list]
    Check out the full specs after the break...
    Size and weight1
    Height:
    4.5 inches (115.2 mm)
    Width:
    2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
    Depth:
    0.37 inch (9.3 mm)
    Weight:
    4.8 ounces (137 grams)
    Cellular and wireless<ul>[*]UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)[*]GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)[*]802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)[*]Bluetooth 2.1 EDR wireless technology[*]Location[*]Assisted GPS[*]Digital compass[*]Wi-Fi[*]Cellular[*]Power and battery2[*]Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery[*]Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter[*]Talk time:[*]Up to 7 hours on 3G[*]Up to 14 hours on 2G[*]Standby time: Up to 300 hours[*]Internet use:[*]Up to 6 hours on 3G[*]Up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi[*]Video playback: Up to 10 hours[*]Audio playback: Up to 40 hours[*]Mac system requirements[*]Mac computer with USB 2.0 port[*]Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later[*]iTunes 9.2 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)[*]iTunes Store account[*]Internet access[*]Windows system requirements[*]PC with USB 2.0 port[*]Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later[*]iTunes 9.2 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)[*]iTunes Store account[*]Internet access[*]Environmental requirements[*]Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F[*](0° to 35° C)[*]Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F[*](-20° to 45° C)[*]Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing[*]Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)[*]Capacity3[*]16GB or 32GB flash drive[*]Color[*]White or black[/list]Display<ul>[*]Retina display[*]3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display[*]960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi[*]800:1 contrast ratio (typical)[*]Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front and back[*]Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously[/list]Audio playback<ul>[*]Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz[*]Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX ), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV[*]User-configurable maximum volume limit[/list]TV and video<ul>[*]Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format[*]Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)[/list]
    <a href="http://dailyiphoneblog.com/2010/06/07/official-iphone-4-specifications/">

[Read the original blog post]
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Official iPhone 4 Specifications

great , I like the screen , great photos + video

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ok so what is the actual speed of the A4 processor anyone ? pls pls pls and how much ram is it going to have ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    ok so what is the actual speed of the A4 processor anyone ? pls pls pls and how much ram is it going to have ?
    1 GHz according to these mate

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/23840/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A4

that is just power right there, and with a dedicated grpahics chip. now that's juice. too bad the camera is bananas, well, at least for me it is :P

about the RAM, most claim it's 512 but i'm never really sure unless these are reliable sources.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/05/17...12-mb-ram.html
    http://gadgetizor.com/iphone-4hd-may...processor/5127

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Now thank you much for the info much apreciate it. The cam actually I think will be better then excpected for a 5mpix cam, I would not be surprised if it had comparable quality to n8 lol I'm just saying, noone has to agree with that. I for one am very satisfied with new changes that iPhone 4 will be bringing about and just can't wait to get my hands on one asap!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Now thank you much for the info much apreciate it. The cam actually I think will be better then excpected for a 5mpix cam, I would not be surprised if it had comparable quality to n8 lol I'm just saying, noone has to agree with that. I for one am very satisfied with new changes that iPhone 4 will be bringing about and just can't wait to get my hands on one asap!
    that might be true, i agree with you mate, on normal lighting conditions, but we can't deny the fact that the xenon flash will pwn the led flash on low light conditions.

personally, i believe apple could have done better. to be honest with you, the thing that's holding me back is the price and availability

very good phone in terms of specifications

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes there is no question that xenon is superior when talking about flash photos , no contention there yes they can always do better they just don't need to, it's a bit of a pompous stand by apple but one they usually make cause it packs just enough crazy stuff to have people keep on coming back for more....do I agree with this, nope , am I living in such reality yes! And becuase I happen to like the product strangley very much coming from a die hard symbian perspective I also am one of those people that keep on coming back. Right now there is no better phone out there for me and just for me. Maybe at different time in my life I would totally go for android, not today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes there is no question that xenon is superior when talking about flash photos , no contention there yes they can always do better they just don't need to, it's a bit of a pompous stand by apple but one they usually make cause it packs just enough crazy stuff to have people keep on coming back for more....do I agree with this, nope , am I living in such reality yes! And becuase I happen to like the product strangley very much coming from a die hard symbian perspective I also am one of those people that keep on coming back. Right now there is no better phone out there for me and just for me. Maybe at different time in my life I would totally go for android, not today...
    lol. i totally agree with you on that point mate. i guess, in the end, it's more of a personal choice. i am the same when it comes to the N8, i am somehow biased to it

me too, it's not andriod's time yet for me

sorry for off topic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Lol no worries it's nice to have a thoughtful exchage with users of the forum without getting cut throat about things, bottom line is always a preference and cost! So r u getting the n8!? When it comes out ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Lol no worries it's nice to have a thoughtful exchage with users of the forum without getting cut throat about things, bottom line is always a preference and cost! So r u getting the n8!? When it comes out ?
    i know what you mean mate. it's fanboys flaming each other all over the internet. which is most annoying :P

most probably. i am the kind of buyer who wants to see it first in action before making any sort of decision. there is still no official release date but rumors are pointing to August 24. However, I will be getting it at least a month after the release date to get some sort of feedback on it.

I wish you luck on your venture in the new iPhone mate i hope you get what you pay for, and i think you will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast