Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default HTC Desire VS. XPERIA X10 or maby just wait for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S

Hi everyone
    I need some help. I'm upgrading my omnia hd(i8910) and im having some trouble choosing a new phone. Well as you can see I already decided on a android phone' the main reason I'm replacing my omnia hd is the terrible Symbian OS , the phone crashes all the time and you can wait hours for gallery and video to work. The new phone needs to not have any of those issues.
    My main uses of a phone are:
    - Shooting quality stills and video
    - Watching video (I'm traveling a lot an always used my monia hd for viewing tv shows and movies.)
    - listing to music (I donít care about the loudspeaker only for the headphone quality)
    - smote and cool user intricate.
    Thatís it think please help me chose between the tow thank you .

added antoer option to the mix Samsung I9000 Galaxy S

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Desire VS. XPERIA X10

Quote Originally Posted by avivzamir
    Hi everyone
    I need some help. I'm upgrading my omnia hd(i8910) and im having some trouble choosing a new phone. Well as you can see I already decided on a android phone' the main reason I'm replacing my omnia hd is the terrible Symbian OS , the phone crashes all the time and you can wait hours for gallery and video to work. The new phone needs to not have any of those issues.
    My main uses of a phone are:
    - Shooting quality stills and video
    - Watching video (I'm traveling a lot an always used my monia hd for viewing tv shows and movies.)
    - listing to music (I donít care about the loudspeaker only for the headphone quality)
    - smote and cool user intricate.
    Thatís it think please help me chose between the tow thank you .
    I played around with both phones today for about 30 minutes
    to be honest i loved the desire! its so beautiful,, i am so getting an android phone next,, the x10 seemed abit slow to me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep but if he want a good camera the X10 is better with 8mp SE lens, the 5mp of the Desire/N1 is good but the limitation to 5mp is a negative point, now you have the HTC Incredible that board an 8mp with all Desire's advantage...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    Yep but if he want a good camera the X10 is better with 8mp SE lens, the 5mp of the Desire/N1 is good but the limitation to 5mp is a negative point, now you have the HTC Incredible that board an 8mp with all Desire's advantage...
    incredible isn't even realeased over here in australia, it's so dissapointing.....the only place that sells htc is Telstra, and thats like the equivalent of the worst value for money network....i wish other carriers would take the htc phones on board!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i wise i couled buy the incredible but im using a gsm network

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The HTC Desire
    Reasons :

1) The megapixel count does not matter. They both offer quality stills (SE is a tad better ). But if you want to have large prints of the photos go for the SE. But really phone cameras must not be used for anything but a few fun pictures with friends etc ..

2)Sense is quick, responsive, useful while compared to Mediascape or whatever ( my opinion)

3) Desire is very very fast. SE lags quite a bit and sometimes is anoying

4) Android 2.1 vs 1.6

5) Desire has a AMOLED display which is a visual treat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I agree that Desire is a better choice here. I would add more advantages to the above list: lower price and larger user community for Desire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

1. Camera is good but nothing special. Xeon flash would have made a difference but SE didn't include one.
    2. Timescape is a bit laggy when you start it first time and will load the data. After is fine.
    3. I didn't see any lag with X10 yet.
    4. 2.1 vs. 1.6 ... well, i didn't feel any difference compared with 2.1 yet. Excepting Google Earth and the official twitter which are 2.x only
    5. A lot of people complain about Desire/N1 screens in sunlight. X10 display is super.

Now, the downsides of X10.
    Real ones.

1. If i get out from wifi range, when i come back a lot of times won't reconnect unless i do it manually.
    2. I use MW600 bluetooth and if i listen music and receive a call, after the call ends, the phone will see the bluetooth for calls only. It won't play media unless i turn bluetoot off and on again.
    3. You can't use any apps to allow/deny access to internet to an application. You need root for this and X10 is not rooted yet. At least not available to every one.
    4. The flash led from the camera is useless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Desire VS. XPERIA X10 or maby just wait for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S

3. You can't use any apps to allow/deny access to internet to an application. You need root for this and X10 is not rooted yet. At least not available to every one.

There is one called APNdroid on market and is very cool app. I have the phone for about 2 weeks and i'm very happy about it.....

Don't forget is Open Source so the possibilities are endless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC Desire VS. XPERIA X10 or maby just wait for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S

So, I've followed my own advice and ordered the HTC Desire.
    SE X10 has some drawbacks that are discussed in other topics.
    Galaxy S is a bit larger than I need, more expensive, and lacks a camera flash.