Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 358
  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    yup i'm planning to get the 2.9 or 3 GHz variant. it does have it the 2mb l2 cache but no l3 cache. however in reading reviews, it seems like it's okay and actually at par with qxxxx intel models.

    what's your take on it?

    almost, new board and procie. hopefully by the weekend.
    Well, i have a q8400. N i was also going to make an AMD based system. But i couldn't find those AMD based components (Processor & Mobo) here, so i had to go with Intel. But afterwards, when i read some reviews & saw some benchmark competitions b/w intel qxxxx & AMD Athlon II X4, Intel beat them quite easily.
    So i would recommend you to go for Intel based components if possible.
    Actually, i would recommend a mediocre processor, cheapest Mobo you can find compatible with your processor socket (Like for qxxxx you'll have to get an LGA 775 - Best & cheapest choice would be a Gigabyte G31 based Mobo) (with DDR3 RAM support obviously) & a nice GPU (I would recommend an Nvidia GTS 250 - or anything better that is affordable).
    Also, don't get some small monitor if you're gonna game on your system. I've made that mistake. :P
    Get atleast a 19' widescreen monitor.
    The system described above would be enough to give you a hardcore gaming experience. I have similar components & i can practically run any game on the planet on my system smoothly with the highest possible graphics in most of those games at the moment.
    If you want to check a GPU's performance, go to youtube & see benchmarks performed with that GPU (Obviously you'll also have to take the processor with which the benchmarks were performed into consideration with the benchmark's smoothness), but it'll give you an idea of what type of gaming you would get from your GPU.

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ishandigipunk
    Well, i have a q8400. N i was also going to make an AMD based system. But i couldn't find those AMD based components (Processor & Mobo) here, so i had to go with Intel. But afterwards, when i read some reviews & saw some benchmark competitions b/w intel qxxxx & AMD Athlon II X4, Intel beat them quite easily.
    So i would recommend you to go for Intel based components if possible.
    Actually, i would recommend a mediocre processor, cheapest Mobo you can find compatible with your processor socket (Like for qxxxx you'll have to get an LGA 775 - Best & cheapest choice would be a Gigabyte G31 based Mobo) (with DDR3 RAM support obviously) & a nice GPU (I would recommend an Nvidia GTS 250 - or anything better that is affordable).
    Also, don't get some small monitor if you're gonna game on your system. I've made that mistake. :P
    Get atleast a 19' widescreen monitor.
    The system described above would be enough to give you a hardcore gaming experience. I have similar components & i can practically run any game on the planet on my system smoothly with the highest possible graphics in most of those games at the moment.
    If you want to check a GPU's performance, go to youtube & see benchmarks performed with that GPU (Obviously you'll also have to take the processor with which the benchmarks were performed into consideration with the benchmark's smoothness), but it'll give you an idea of what type of gaming you would get from your GPU.
    well, i won't be able to afford the intel components as far as i know but we'll see when i check out the prices.

    well, the only thing missing now is the procie and mobo. everything else i have.

    and of course the most important component which is currently lacking as of the moment, cash.

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    well, i won't be able to afford the intel components as far as i know but we'll see when i check out the prices.

    well, the only thing missing now is the procie and mobo. everything else i have.

    and of course the most important component which is currently lacking as of the moment, cash.
    Umm. M sorry, but what is a procie.?

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ishandigipunk
    Umm. M sorry, but what is a procie.?
    processor

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    processor
    Oh. Ok. N hey, this conversation is getting kinda too offtopic. Mind telling me your config. on PM.? I mean about the components you already have.

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ishandigipunk
    Oh. Ok. N hey, this conversation is getting kinda too offtopic. Mind telling me your config. on PM.? I mean about the components you already have.
    good idea. +1 sent you a pm.

  7. #207

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    {HP G62-361tx notebook;
    Intel Core i3 370Mobile @ 2.40Ghz, 3MB shared cache;
    3GB DDR3 RAM;
    1GB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470;
    Samsung HM321HI 500GB HDD;
    15.6 inches HD brightview LED display;
    25W dual Altec Lansing speakers;
    HP DVD GT30L writer with Light Scribe;
    Microsoft Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit;}

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by parthpatels007
    {HP G62-361tx notebook;
    Intel Core i3 370Mobile @ 2.40Ghz, 3MB shared cache;
    3GB DDR3 RAM;
    1GB DDR3 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470;
    Samsung HM321HI 500GB HDD;
    15.6 inches HD brightview LED display;
    25W dual Altec Lansing speakers;
    HP DVD GT30L writer with Light Scribe;
    Microsoft Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit;}
    pretty good

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,414
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    pretty good
    Nah, just a standard entry-level configuration.

  10. #210
    shadowninty
    Guest

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Nah, just a standard entry-level configuration.
    entry level
    LOL
    my lappie is crap and is still better than all my friends ('cept one) lappies, many of which cost more


 
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Laptop/Notebook/Netbook topic
    By denni2579 in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 07:12 AM
  2. Cannot play games on laptop after formatting it.
    By asakau in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
  3. Use 5800 for a laptop without WLAN
    By ashrack in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
  4. Laptop - Transformers
    By phattrance in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 03:01 AM
  5. laptop help!!
    By p2bl in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 06:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •