Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 358
  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Username
    I'm also a big fan of soundblaster 24bit I have a cheap Audigy card but the sound is wicked.
    thats the exact card i got.. in all fairness, ive never actually seen a sub $100 sound card that was better.. the only better one ive seen was my friend's sound studio setup which had a sound card that he bout for $700

    EDIT:

    ive forget how loud PC's are.. jesus!! i need a better cooling system.. anyone got any tips?

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    110
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJScope
    EDIT:

    ive forget how loud PC's are.. jesus!! i need a better cooling system.. anyone got any tips?
    Well my PC isn't so loud because i have a second cooler at the back of my case. It only gets loud when i push his limits to high (max)

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman
    Well my PC isn't so loud because i have a second cooler at the back of my case. It only gets loud when i push his limits to high (max)
    by cooler, do u mean fan?

  4. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    110
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJScope
    by cooler, do u mean fan?
    Yes a second fan. My mistake

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    yea im planning to get 2 more fans... it would definatelly help, also since i oc'd it to 3.6ghz and now its even louder

  6. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,414
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJScope
    ive forget how loud PC's are.. jesus!! i need a better cooling system.. anyone got any tips?
    Sometime ago I've completely killed the noise from my desktop. I did it by:
    * replacing CPU cooler by one of the models made by Zalman
    * replacing GPU cooler by a passive cooling system (again from Zalman)
    * replacing case fans with silent 120mm versions
    * applying HDD rubber coolers/holders
    * regulating the fan speeds
    * applying isolating materials to the case.

    I could also replace HDDs with a silent versions or with SSDs for a step further.

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Sometime ago I've completely killed the noise from my desktop. I did it by:
    * replacing CPU cooler by one of the models made by Zalman
    * replacing GPU cooler by a passive cooling system (again from Zalman)
    * replacing case fans with silent 120mm versions
    * applying HDD rubber coolers/holders
    * regulating the fan speeds
    * applying isolating materials to the case.

    I could also replace HDDs with a silent versions or with SSDs for a step further.
    dude... i built it from scraps... its worth $10 at most im not spending any money on it

    i just got a busted power supply and took the 4" fan out (and recycled the copper ) and hard wired it to the ide power... no cost cooling

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,414
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJScope
    dude... i built it from scraps... its worth $10 at most im not spending any money on it

    i just got a busted power supply and took the 4" fan out (and recycled the copper ) and hard wired it to the ide power... no cost cooling
    Ah, I thought you wanted to transform an existing desktop...

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Ah, I thought you wanted to transform an existing desktop...
    nah not worth it... ive got 3 lappies i just thought i needed something with a dedicated gfx for hd video editing n maybe some CS:S here n there... maybe in the future i will order a ddr3 mobo n start 1 from scratch but its not important to me

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,414
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: What are your pc or laptop specs?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJScope
    nah not worth it... ive got 3 lappies i just thought i needed something with a dedicated gfx for hd video editing n maybe some CS:S here n there... maybe in the future i will order a ddr3 mobo n start 1 from scratch but its not important to me
    Depending on the level of video editing/conversion, a laptop can do the task as well. My Dell Studio 17 with Core i5 CPU and ATI HD5650 can do quite a lot. There are of course more powerful notebooks that will perform even better. I don't like desktops any more...


 
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Laptop/Notebook/Netbook topic
    By denni2579 in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 07:12 AM
  2. Cannot play games on laptop after formatting it.
    By asakau in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
  3. Use 5800 for a laptop without WLAN
    By ashrack in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
  4. Laptop - Transformers
    By phattrance in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 03:01 AM
  5. laptop help!!
    By p2bl in forum Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 06:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •