Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Building a new PC

Hi there guys, I've only ever bought one computer a HP Pavilion for like $2000 back in the day (about 4-5 years ago) when I was very inexperienced.
    Now I'm looking to build my own because i see it as getting the best value for money...So,, im looking at spending a decent amount (1.5-2) and I'm very interested in getting something along these lines

-i7-930
    -Gigabyte UD....(whats the difference between 3,5,7)?
    -From what i've understood these boards have triple channel memory and to utilise this you need to have 3 sticks of ram so like 6 gb...should i go more?less?
    -Graphics i have no idea about
    -No idea about case and psu
    -Hard Drive, nothing to fancy....WD Black 1TB?
    -27" Monitor? ASUS or BenQ,, any suggestions I need something big, being a uni student studying I.T Smile
    -I'm guessing on board audio will do fine
    -Basic CD/DVD drive

what do you guys think?
    thanks for your help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Building a new PC

sounds good... good luck... Try Nvidia for a graphics card... I've been using Nvidia for a long time now... Very durable and nice... ^_^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ronelcisat
    sounds good... good luck... Try Nvidia for a graphics card... I've been using Nvidia for a long time now... Very durable and nice... ^_^
    thanks
    yeah looking at nvidia or the hd range

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

^_^ oh yeah and try a 500Gb hard drive... ^_^ very nice... make sure to take good care of the motherboard and the processor... It's very expensive... ^_^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

^_^ oh yeah and try a 500Gb hard drive... ^_^ very nice... make sure to take good care of the motherboard and the processor... It's very expensive... ^_^
    Yes i will definetely take good care of it! especially when those two items alone could cost me about $500....its the screen that really sets me back!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the screen or the size of the screen? well, the size of the screen depends on the graphics card... reminds me of my laptop... bought it in US but im here in philippines so HP coudn't support any warranty... I hate HP... I wanna buy a brand New HP laptop then let's say i'll be a sadist on it then post it in youtube so that HP will improve their service and many people won't buy HP products... what do you think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the screen or the size of the screen? well, the size of the screen depends on the graphics card... reminds me of my laptop... bought it in US but im here in philippines so HP coudn't support any warranty... I hate HP... I wanna buy a brand New HP laptop then let's say i'll be a sadist on it then post it in youtube so that HP will improve their service and many people won't buy HP products... what do you think?
    well i want a decent size most likely 27" but might have to get a 24"

hmm not sure >.<

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yiannixanthos
    well i want a decent size most likely 27" but might have to get a 24"

hmm not sure >.<
    Well, I'm Logging out now... It's very late here... gotta go to bed. Good luck... oh yeah, 24 is better... ^_^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The question is: what do intend to use this PC for? Gaming? Heavy applications? Multimedia? All-round? Each of these targets has its own best build.

For a screen, I would not take anything larger than 24". Using a monitor from a close distance (like sitting in front of PC) is difficult with a large screen. An example is Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW.

In general, here is what you could consider: an Intel i5 or i7 CPU with a separate cooling , a P55 motherboard, 2 hard disks (1 80GB SSD for the system and 1 TB HDD for Data), 4 GB RAM, an ATI 58xx graphics card (support for Eyefinity!), a good case (Cooler Maser series for example), separate audio card and a good power unit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I intend to use it mostly for my school work and occasionaly games, i love watching HD movies aswell!
    thats why i wanted the bigger screen, so i can spread my work out and use it more easily... and for the movies..BLURAY =D

thanks for the advice usta!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast