Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Yet more Symbian^4 Screenshots

<style type='text/css'> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style> <div id='gallery-1' class='gallery galleryid-59788'><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl> <br style='clear: both;' /></div>
    Here are a few more screenshots from Symbian^4. Click on the thumbnails to view the original screenshots
    [Thx Jay]
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/07/17/symbian4-screenshots/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Yet more Symbian^4 Screenshots

They should remove the battery icon and signal icon. They are repetitive since at one look, users would know what the signal and battery indicators are/for

Still nothing to be exited about

Not in the slightest bit impressed looking at these, I think it very like WinMo used to be, drop down menus, I really hope this is not the design they intend to use.

Obviously its not finished but again its already looking at these way behind on visual appeal to Android and yet Symbian^4 is not coming until 2011 ? Nokia I hope you will keep the UI updated as you go as by 2011 this will look like it from 65m years ago instead of 35m years ago like it does now.

Ireland's Technology Blog

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

so looks like a mix between sense and android...really nokia? really? i have been a long time carrier of a nokia phone. My first phone was a nokia back in was a Nokia 5110. I bought it because it had snake LOL. i think i paid around $300 for it. I have had many different phones but always seem to have a nokia. Most recently a n95 n97 mini. But i am about to make the move to android once sony ericsson gets on board with getting 2.2 on the x10. Sorry Symbian, i know nokia is investing in you but give us something to be impressed by or get out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by maximusdog
    so looks like a mix between sense and android...really nokia? really? i have been a long time carrier of a nokia phone. My first phone was a nokia back in was a Nokia 5110. I bought it because it had snake LOL. i think i paid around $300 for it. I have had many different phones but always seem to have a nokia. Most recently a n95 n97 mini. But i am about to make the move to android once sony ericsson gets on board with getting 2.2 on the x10. Sorry Symbian, i know nokia is investing in you but give us something to be impressed by or get out.

try n900,looks good

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Dont know what people are expecting. this is basically how every smart phone UI looks like, ofcourse there are graphical differences, but basically they all look like this.
    Theres homescreens and widgets on it. A menu thats grid based or a list.

shadowninty

I've seen these pics of the S^4 UI so many times, and every time I feel worse about Symbian.
    Why do they have to have those 'buttons' on each side of the App name bar. What is wrong with physical buttons for them like Android phones have.

Symbian's game is up, if you ask me. Its a great OS but it hasn't been improved enough to handle all these new touch features etc and this UI change won't fix it IMHO

Its sad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia is really going down and getting desperate these times, Symbian^3 is an utter fail and now ^4 is a replica of andriod ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Abandon ship, my next phone will be an Android.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by MrMack
    Abandon ship, my next phone will be an Android.
    Aye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast