Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Only 34% of customers will consider getting a Nokia - Press Release

The number of consumers considering buying a Nokia handset for their next phone has fallen 12%, according a survey conducted by YouGov. Only 34% of customers will consider getting a Nokia next time they get a phone, compared with six months ago when 46% of customers would have considered the manufacturer.
    YouGov conducted the survey at the beginning of June, when it interviewed 2,121 smartphone users about the next handset they would be buying.
    Only 10% of the people involved in the survey expected to buy a Nokia, compared with a fifth in December 2009.
    Meanwhile, 41% of consumers expected to buy an iPhone next time, and 70% of customers were willing to recommend Apple to a friend or colleague.
    YouGov technology and telecoms team research manager, Russell Feldman, said: ‘Where Nokia once led the market, it has drastically fallen by the wayside. Its Ovi store continues to be significantly outperformed by both Apple’s Apps store and Android Marketplace. The results of our data consistently show that the market leader is fast becoming an also ran in the smartphone market. New products, software and apps are needed soon if Nokia is to keep up with its rivals.’
    [Via]
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/07/13/only-34-of-customers-will-consider-getting-a-nokia-press-release/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Only 34% of customers will consider getting a Nokia - Press Release

No shocker there, Nokia is struggling in the high end smartphone area. If I myself was asked then I would say Id go for Android as Nokia does not look that promising in the smartphone area in the coming year or two

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes me too after being loyal to nokia for 10 years now i am thinking about changing to android in my next update

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Iam from germany ,when you go to any shop here ,the seller shows you andriod ,iphone and soon ,even there are tons of nokia but they dont talk abou it anymore , well i was a big fan since i made big mistake and bought the n97 , next year gonna sell this fualt and get andriod .

Nokia is dead for me .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Why I'm not surprised...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

those iPhone and apple ratings should be down due to whats happening with iPhones signal issue

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Poor customer service and lack of web support .
    Poor deployment/roll-out of firmware .
    Badly advertised free maps .
    So even before anybody decideds on the actual phone Nokai have put a large number of customers off buying their products .

jje

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia used to make good phones and i say used since all the current ones are a dissapointment (to me). Browsing phones with various friends who used to support nokia cant find any stylish and decent phone. They are either too expensive with features none will ever use in his 1-2 years with the phone or cheap and joke. All of em have exactly the same menu from low end to high end and lately the newer phones start to <freeze> a lot more and people dont like that.

Im fan of the N series and my favourite being N78. After that and going over to touch phones to get a share from iphone Nokia made a multitude of homogenized and look alike phones.

I still have my N73 which serves as my back up phone and 5800. Dont know which one my next phone will be.

Quote Originally Posted by dist4rbed
    Iam from germany ,when you go to any shop here ,the seller shows you andriod ,iphone and soon ,even there are tons of nokia but they dont talk abou it anymore , well i was a big fan since i made big mistake and bought the n97 , next year gonna sell this fualt and get andriod .

Nokia is dead for me .
    Stores show people their most expensives ones and likely they have some agreement to sell more of a kind and get a bonus. A friend of mine working in a mobile shop was briefed that if they sold for example 100 Sony devices each of them working there would get 1 expensive mobile from Sony free. Guess what, for a couple weeks they almost hid the Nokia ones and talked only for em.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sorry to add salt to the pain...
    Gartner (the worlds leading information technology research and advisory company)
    has published an article stating that Symbian is simply losing the race.
    Is Symbian ship sinking and dragging Nokia passenger with it?

Read the Gartner article here: http://blogs.gartner.com/nick_jones/...n-the-titanic/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Sorry to add salt to the pain...
    Gartner (the worlds leading information technology research and advisory company)
    has published an article stating that Symbian is simply losing the race.
    Is Symbian ship sinking and dragging Nokia passenger with it?

Read the Gartner article here: http://blogs.gartner.com/nick_jones/...n-the-titanic/
    holy crap!
    testing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast