Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Using Nokia's audio controller for gaming?

Hi!
    I own a nokia 5800xm running the latest version (s60v5 fw:40.005 for now) and if you didn't noticed yet....it doesn't have too many buttons.

Since this is a pretty capable phone (same cpu as nokia n97 but half the price) and there is a patch to run n-gage games for it, I was wondering if someone could make an application that would allow us to use the nokia's AD-54 audio controller (or others) just like a joystick to play games.

I know some of you would point out that that there is a specific controller called zeemote js1 but that product is not distributed in my country yet and in my opinion it is too expensive. Also the virtual keyboard has lots of drawbacks like size-visibility limitation, single touch limitation and sometimes it doesn't respond well due to lack of sensitivity of the touch screen (excepting people with long nails :lol: )

I hope this would be possible, waiting for your opinion!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Using Nokia's audio controller for gaming?

I think someone made something similar previously, run through the vba emulation (vbag) threads, you might find it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Using Nokia's audio controller for gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by enduranceme
    Hi!
    I own a nokia 5800xm running the latest version (s60v5 fw:40.005 for now) and if you didn't noticed yet....it doesn't have too many buttons.

Since this is a pretty capable phone (same cpu as nokia n97 but half the price) and there is a patch to run n-gage games for it, I was wondering if someone could make an application that would allow us to use the nokia's AD-54 audio controller (or others) just like a joystick to play games.

I know some of you would point out that that there is a specific controller called zeemote js1 but that product is not distributed in my country yet and in my opinion it is too expensive. Also the virtual keyboard has lots of drawbacks like size-visibility limitation, single touch limitation and sometimes it doesn't respond well due to lack of sensitivity of the touch screen (excepting people with long nails :lol: )

I hope this would be possible, waiting for your opinion!
    Maybe you can try this: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=38320.0