Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia 5800 my opinion

Hello there. I'm new to this forum. i used a nokia 5800 xm set from hongkong (i'm in malaysia fyi). I had some problems with installing themes and applications. From this forum i learned a lot. So here's how i managed to come up with a solution by reading from this forum.

firstly, backup all your contents in the pc suite. then make a hard reset *#7370#. when the phone starts, it will ask you where is your region, so put in hong kong, (since my phone is hong kong set, maybe if you guys have a different phone from a different country, try putting the region where your phone originated from). Set the time and date. Then your phone shud be able to install the applications and themes. connect to ur pc and restore the files using backup in pc suite. I hope this helps.

So now i am using the simpson theme downloaded from this forum. it works great and it seems to be faster and better than the original theme. Maybe this is the effect after i hard reset my phone. But anyways, i like it so much. Thanx a lot.

But there is still one tiny problem, sumtimes when put in beep mode (my created profile for meetings) the vibration doesn't work. the beep sound comes out without vibrating. i have to restart the phone then it comes back on a again. so, its not such a big problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 my opinion

slight correction actually the soft reset(resotre factory default) code is *#7780#
    the hard reset(reformat) is *#7370# and the falsh is the three finger salute : * key, 3 (number key) and talk/green key pressed all together with phone off. hold all buttons on boot up. of course this method does not apply to the 5800 since it does not have those physical buttons. i am sure another combination of those will emerge as a flash for 5800

http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/nok...s60-3rd-codes/

check out this thread for some more other useful codes. note, not all codes will work on all phones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

oops. sorry. i'm really new so i don't know the terms. anyway, i'll edit it back. thanx.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

no reason to be sorry, this is why we all come here, to learn from each other and give support when possible. welcome and hope you visit often

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

What a total ripoff!!. I bought the nokia 5800 set from hongkong, priced at MYR1800 just about a month ago. Today I received an e mail that the original set has entered malaysia and is priced at MYR1499. Since I pre ordered it, i could also receive a stereo headset for free*while stocks last. So now I feel cheated and sad coz i didn't wait. My fault.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by blaze270284
    What a total ripoff!!. I bought the nokia 5800 set from hongkong, priced at MYR1800 just about a month ago. Today I received an e mail that the original set has entered malaysia and is priced at MYR1499. Since I pre ordered it, i could also receive a stereo headset for free*while stocks last. So now I feel cheated and sad coz i didn't wait. My fault.
    oh man, thats the downside in being the first to buy the latest stuff
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm wondering, can the front camera of the 5800 be used without video call? I think cannot, but is there and application for it to be used? just wondering..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Here's again my opinion. I think hard reset cures almost all of the problems with my phone.

1. Vibrate issues - be4 reset, sometimes the phone doesn't vibrate. Now after reset, i functions without any problems.
    2. Messages in sent folder couldn't delete all and keeps storing more than i set it shud. eg. save only 20 msg but it saves 25 or 26. - after reset i can delete all msgs without problems and it keeps only the set amount of sent msgs.
    3. Everything seems a bit faster after hard reset- deleting msg faster. writing msg faster. and so on.

jingle bell

hi gang,i bought my xpress last month in malaysia for RM1650 but i'm satisfied bcos i had a bad month earlier,with the stupid samsung omnia.at least xpress is value for money.enjoy your new toy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

welcome. yup 5800 is a very good phone. i really love the alphanumeric keypad. no need to use stylus. hehe. but as i was saying earlier, the phone that we bought are from hongkong. since the original phones were brought in a few days ago. at the price of the originals are even cheaper than the hongkong sets.