Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia 5800 vs iPhone

Nokia 5800 vs iPhone

So here I have seen many people arguing about which is the better phone, so I decided to write an article about which phone beats which. I will go through some of the advantages and disadvantages of each mobile phone, to see, which is the best.

So I will start off with the size. The iPhone is significantly larger than the Nokia 5800, but it makes up for it with its bigger screen. The Nokia 5800 is 111 X 51.7 X 15.5 mm whereas the iPhone is 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm. Moving onto the weight, the iPhone also weighs more than the 5800. The Nokia 5800 weighs 109g whereas the iPhone weighs 133g. This is a large amount to compete by as the Nokia 5800 is 24 grams lighter. The Nokia 5800 also has a greater screen resolution than the iPhone. This is a big advantage that the Nokia 5800 has over the iPhone. The iPhone is 480 by 320 whereas the Nokia 5800 is 640 by 360.

The iPhone also has a single input method of using your finger. This is meant to be so that it is easy for the user to use, although the Nokia 5800 comes with three input methods, which are your Finger, a Stylus, and a Plectrum which are all included in the box.

The iPhone also has alot of missing features such as saving e-mail attachments, the cut and paste function, there is no support for 3rd party headphones, you cant use your own ringtones, applications can't be downloaded unless its from the application store (which most you have to pay for), and there are many other software bugs and glitches.

The iPhone is available in black and white, but the white version is only available with the 32gb version. This is another bad point for the iPhone as the Nokia 5800 is available in 3 different colors regardless of the version you buy. The iPhone also doesn't have expandable memory. You have the choice to purchase the 16gb or the 32gb version, whereas the Nokia 5800 has the good point of having a Micro SD memory card slot which is expandable by upto 32gb.

The Nokia 5800 claims 35 hours of music playback and the iPhone claims just 24 hours. This is a letdown for the iPhone, but at the end of the day you can just charge your mobile phone overnight and your ready to go next day, I really doubt someone will have their MP3 player on the go permanently, as the iPhone support a full day of listening. The iPhone has 5.5hrs of talk time, and the Nokia 5800 has 8.8hrs of talk time. The Nokia 5800 also has a replaceable battery, which the iPhone lacks.

The camera on each of the phones is decent. The iPhone is armed with a 2.0 megapixel camera with no flash, zoom or autofocus, whereas the Nokia 5800 is armed with both a front and back camera, which has a Carl Zeiss lens for optimal photos. The Nokia 5800 has a 3.2 megapixel camera. The iPhone also lacks video recording and video conferencing/calling, which the 5800 supports. Voice dialing, voice recording and a radio is also not present in the iPhone.

The Nokia 5800 also supports flash lite in the browser, enabling it to play flash games and easily play videos. As for Bluetooth, the iPhone cannot transmit files through bluetooth without a 3rd party application whereas the 5800 can do this standard. The 5800 also has better audio quality whilst transmitting through bluetooth with a headset.

The Nokia 5800 also has a nicer price tag than the iPhone. It is currently at £230 (best price) unlocked and brand new. The iPhone has an average price tag of £375 for the 16gb version. Nokia also has alot more experience with phones, whereas the iPhone is the first full phone that Apple have released.

Overall I would say that it totally depends which phone you have or what you need it for. The iPhone is more of a get out there phone, whereas the 5800 is more of a professional user friendly phone.

Discuss.#
    (feel free to use any of my posts in blog posts)

mufaddal_km

Default Re: Nokia 5800 vs iPhone

well many of your facts and incomplete and incorrect
    i guess it is a copy paste from some site .....or it might be ur work ...but let me correct a few things here

111 X 51.7 X 15.5 mm whereas the iPhone is 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm
    u need to understand that iphone is broader than 5800 but also thinner at the same time .
    The iPhone also has alot of missing features such as saving e-mail attachments, the cut and paste function, there is no support for 3rd party headphones, you cant use your own ringtones, applications can't be downloaded unless its from the application store (which most you have to pay for), and there are many other software bugs and glitches.
    all these missing features have been adressed .
    now u can get copy paste function
    u can use 3rd party headphones on iphone 3G and also on iphone 2G ( i use creative headphones on my iphone 2g)
    u can use custom ringtones .
    applications can be downloaded frpm app store as well as cydia
    and besides there are lot of apps ...everyday there are more than 30 apps released on app store

now on 2.2 firmware there are no bugs or glitches ( there were hardly any glitches ever)

The iPhone is available in black and white, but the white version is only available with the 32gb version
    its available for 16gb version ...32 gb version isnt even out yet

The iPhone also doesn't have expandable memory. You have the choice to purchase the 16gb or the 32gb version, whereas the Nokia 5800 has the good point of having a Micro SD memory card slot which is expandable by upto 32gb.
    again there is no 32 gb version iphone also no 32gb micro sd has not been released yet
    so u have 16gb iphone and 5800 with 16gb mico sd card

The iPhone has 5.5hrs of talk time, and the Nokia 5800 has 8.8hrs of talk time
    totally incorrect
    iphone 2G has stated tt of 8hrs
    iphone 3G has stated tt of 10 hrs on gsm and 5.5 hrs on 3G

5800 has stated tt of 8.8 hrs og gsm and 5 hrs on 3G

The iPhone also lacks video recording and video conferencing/calling, which the 5800 supports. Voice dialing, voice recording and a radio is also not present in the iPhone.
    a jailbroken iphone can do video recording .
    there is voice dialing and also voice recording available

to whosoever has written this ...i m sure he/she hasnt compared both devices in real life ...

also some users might say that many features are procured only if one jailbreaks iphone ...but then the same goes with 5800 as well ...u will have to hack ur phone if u want over the edge functionality.

overall i would just say ...both devices are good enough in their own way .
    both phones are worth trying once .
    as for me i love my 5800 as well as my iphone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well sorry but I only got a 10 minutes play with my mates iPhone so I had to pick a few things up fast:s
    Mind correcting things for me? My earphones wouldnt work with it

mufaddal_km

Mind correcting things for me? My earphones wouldnt work with it
    all thrid party headphones work
    iphone 3G has standard 3.5 mm jack
    in iphone 2G has 3.5 mmm jack which is recessed ....i just cut off soem plastic from rim of my creative headphones plug and now it fits perfectly ...
    besides u can get adapters also which u can use

Well sorry but I only got a 10 minutes play with my mates iPhone
    how can u comment/write abt battery life then ...10mins doesnt give u any idea moreover 10mins isnt enough to compare/review any device .

BTW there is no 32 gb iphone available yet ...
    so plz be carfeul of what u posting
    cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Will correct tomorrow, and 32gb will be available soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

they are booth great phones, apple is more of an App and game phone while 5800 is more of an "all round" phone with waay better music audio quality and battery
    testing

alfo92

i agree with you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Iphone beats 5800 only in its Mind blowingly smooth and friendly interface and lesser bugs and Capacitive large screen. For features (even without jailbreaking or third party apps) and Price 5800 is far superior.

Ooh and also the iphone's width and metalic finish makes it a little clumsy to handle, especially in small hands, though u can get a hang of it after some time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

there are lot of amazing game for iphone (for example the assassins creed, or need for speed undercover etc..) why we haven´t got these games for the Nokia 5800??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gunit88
    there are lot of amazing game for iphone (for example the assassins creed, or need for speed undercover etc..) why we haven´t got these games for the Nokia 5800??
    need for speed undercover is available on nokia ngage
    so it could be soon available on the touch screen

and the s60 5th are still new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast