Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: [QUESTION] which device should i buy next ?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty

Great OS and phone but...
    Less the 200 apps
    According to Samsung, there are about 600 apps for Bada phones. Still, this is nothing compared to 100k Android and 200k iphone...

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    According to Samsung, there are about 600 apps for Bada phones. Still, this is nothing compared to 100k Android and 200k iphone...
    Ooopps my bad
    +1 for being honest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but what we know about this new bada os? all it's name spells like big LOL
    is there any serious stuff for it? symbian is symbian, no comment here. android is linux powered, but what's for bada? i can't take it seriously.. 1ghz cpu powered samsung wave and when i saw label bada os i just turned my head to some other phones..

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    but what we know about this new bada os? all it's name spells like big LOL
    is there any serious stuff for it? symbian is symbian, no comment here. android is linux powered, but what's for bada? i can't take it seriously.. 1ghz cpu powered samsung wave and when i saw label bada os i just turned my head to some other phones..
    Bada is based on linux kernel afaik
    Bada's big "thing" is that it has two different kernels;
    One for smartphones, the other for cheapphones
    This means Bada apps will work on the majority of Samsung phones as the plan is to have them running Bada

TBH, I think it is an excellent idea (the two kernel system) and I do think this OS will do well, unlike WinPho or Palm (IMO)
    But the selection of apps is currently wwaaaayyyyy to small for me to recommend someone to spend €500+ on it.

Whether Bada's app selection will grow into tens of thousands remains to be seen though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, the idea is fine, and the UI over the Bada platform is very nice and fluid. However, it is faced with fierce competition, and chances are it will not survive. Why?

Android is growing like a turbo jet (100k apps at the moment) and is the most promising OS. Google partners with more than 60 parties to push the development and distribution of Android OS worldwide.

iOS of Apple has a solid market share and developer base (200k apps). Compared to Android, it is closed and Apple hates partners (they would rather produce all themselves).

Microsoft with WM and WP7 are going to do everything they can to have their place in the mobile market. They cannot afford to be left out of it and will use their huge resources to attract partners.

Nokia with Symbian and MeeGo are here to stay and are planning to restore their high-end market share while keeping their middle and low end huge sales. They have failed to respond the market developments quickly once, and they are not stupid to do that again. They also try to attract many developers.

Also, the question is if Bada is that capable. Hmm. Restricted multitasking, closed application store, no other manufacturer willing to try it, restrictions on APIs, etc...

I'm sorry to say this for Bada phone owners, but I don't have much fate in Bada platform...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes, the idea is fine, and the UI over the Bada platform is very nice and fluid. However, it is faced with fierce competition, and chances are it will not survive. Why?

Android is growing like a turbo jet (100k apps at the moment) and is the most promising OS. Google partners with more than 60 parties to push the development and distribution of Android OS worldwide.

iOS of Apple has a solid market share and developer base (200k apps). Compared to Android, it is closed and Apple hates partners (they would rather produce all themselves).

Microsoft with WM and WP7 are going to do everything they can to have their place in the mobile market. They cannot afford to be left out of it and will use their huge resources to attract partners.

Nokia with Symbian and MeeGo are here to stay and are planning to restore their high-end market share while keeping their middle and low end huge sales. They have failed to respond the market developments quickly once, and they are not stupid to do that again. They also try to attract many developers.

Also, the question is if Bada is that capable. Hmm. Restricted multitasking, closed application store, no other manufacturer willing to try it, restrictions on APIs, etc...

I'm sorry to say this for Bada phone owners, but I don't have much fate in Bada platform...
    +1.... I'm with Android...

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by ravish_919
    +1.... I'm with Android...
    Don't go with Nokia anyway
    Unless you want craptastic updates like 5530 V31

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Don't go with Nokia anyway
    Unless you want craptastic updates like 5530 V31
    what's so bad in this update i'll be aware of v51 for 5800 if it comes

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    what's so bad in this update i'll be aware of v51 for 5800 if it comes
    NO NEW MAPS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

NO NEW MAPS!
    they don't care too much, they better care abt shit like ovi contacts, ovi music etc.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast