Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default NEW mobile? My Nokia 5800 is DEAD. Apple Iphone 3gs this week ..but ....

Well been on holiday, nokia 5800 broke within 3 hours of been on holiday, screen hardware fault and i cant be bothered repairing it, about 45 punds in uk for a new lcd, and its not worth it, is it? Phone out of warrenty 6 mths ago.

Im getting an iphone 3gs on the cheap for £100 with a cracked screen (not lcd) so its faily cheap to replace and easy to do with right tools.

Ive always been a NON Apple/Ipod/Iphone person, but my daughter has just got one aswell and ive used it for 10 mins and is ok, but not really my thing. Love my nokia 5800, could mod it with cfw etc, was wonderiong wether you can do stuff to apples OS, like modding it etc?

Is it worth keeping? really like Android look etc, and HTC handsets, so have to decide wether to keep Apple or sell and get HTC ?

Really sad that my nokia 5800 is dead, but looks like people jumping Nokia boat for Apple and HTC amoung others handsets like Samsung/LG etc,

So its either keep the Iphone im getting, or repair and sell and get an HTC ?

Whats peoples views?

shadowninty

Default Re: NEW mobile? My Nokia 5800 is DEAD. Apple Iphone 3gs this week ..but ....

Get a HTC Desire

EU FTW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NEW mobile? My Nokia 5800 is DEAD. Apple Iphone 3gs this week ..but ....

Fix your 5800

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep! listen to the man! fix the 5800

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I say get an HTC handset but the iPhone 3GS is okay as well. In your case, i think youll enjoy an HTC handset more like the Desire cause you can install custom ROMS to it just like what we do to our 5800

Moved from General Symbian Discussion to General Discussion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah, im not fixing it, so if anyone wants a nokia 5800 that dosnt work, let me know !! lol

Thanks for all ur views, but the 5800 a great phone, but as everyone saying, Nokia is just failing ! Think back to when ythe 5800 came out ..... they were loads of moans from us on the forum, stuff not working, slow, no kinetioc scrolling etc .. the moans went on for a year ! Dont seem to see that with HTC or iphone ...

keep the iphone for a bit, sell and get a htc is my plan, glad you can customize with roms, cheers for the info

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by andys5800
    yeah, im not fixing it, so if anyone wants a nokia 5800 that dosnt work, let me know !! lol

Thanks for all ur views, but the 5800 a great phone, but as everyone saying, Nokia is just failing ! Think back to when ythe 5800 came out ..... they were loads of moans from us on the forum, stuff not working, slow, no kinetioc scrolling etc .. the moans went on for a year ! Dont seem to see that with HTC or iphone ...

keep the iphone for a bit, sell and get a htc is my plan, glad you can customize with roms, cheers for the info
    Good idea
    Wait till after XMas as the price of the Desire will hopefully have dropped by then to less then €400

EU FTW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

iPhone has a few UI tweaks itself... saw a really kickass UI look like "Jarvis UI" from Ironman series. Don't really remember where.. google it..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm a happy user of HTC Desire.
    It is a combination of a powerful hardware with the best OS out there: Android.

Everything works, no single crashes, never had any "no gateway reply" like in Nokia 5800 Wifi, no need to sign applications to install, fast as a speedcar, never had low RAM issues, etc....