Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia N8 vs iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G
    N8 for me too.

I feel the design of the new iPhone could have been better, looks like they've gone back in time, the 3GS looks so much better.

Also, nothing really groundbreaking enough to make me switch.
    I agree, the 3gs looks a lot better than 4.

In sheer performance, iphone4 wins while n8 wins in multimedia

Im waiting for an awesomesauce s^4 device

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

nokia need to upgrade the hardware faster than iphone like 1gb ram and dual core proc=sweet! and nice graphic proc also better ovi store

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

for me the only advantage for IP4 is the unbeatable app store...nothing more...for overall perfomance and hardware...N8 enough to satisfy me...
    N8 for me ,no doubt !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gran turismo
    Well, i just get amazed with the better HD tip of the Iphone 4, coz it was supposed to be the main "arm" of the N8... now, that arm goes to the enemy... Iphone 4 is the "HD Smartphone" of the 2010 for now.

The design of the Iphone 4 is better over the N8 for me too, i like the stylished first look of the iphone. The black has an executive look.

Today they talk, in the presentation, about a night picture comparition with the N8 and the iphone 4... the iphone has a NEW "night algoritm" and get better pics than the N8... can this be possible?

The screen resolution is amazing too, just the best of the market. They used a new technology on the screen over the AMOLED, called "Irish view" or something like that... it supposed to be better to read e-books and surfing the web.

Well, I was a nokia fan, now i am free, and i have to put my vote in the Iphone 4 to my surprise.

I will wait with my "lovely" N97 for the new Symbian 4, maybe a 4" screen,Super AMOLED 800x600, 8/12 MP, xenon+led, alum/glass case, qwerty, 512 RAM, 1024 ROM, 64 GB internal, 3D and 1.0 Mhz procesor is over the corner... maybe december 2010... or i will get this amazing iphone 4... depends of u nokia.
    let me argue that a bit.

in the camera, there is no way that it will be better at night, no algorithm will be capable of making LED better than Xenon.

I have to admit, the screen resolution is quite impressive, I would care about this point very much even if it means spending a couple more hundred bucks, on my monitor, not on my mobile phone.

I think it's called Retina Display or something like that, which is basically their way of saying (very high resolution). yes, it does add more readability, but are you honestly telling me that anyone is having a hard time reading using they're 5800 in normal lighting conditions? One selling point would be legibility in sunlight, which it claims to be good in.

The hardware is only as important as the software that runs on it. You are quite right when you say Nokia is being a pain when it comes to software updates. How do I deal with them? Read reviews about their new devices, see if it's troublesome. If it's not, go with it.

Remember, all operating systems as complex as Symbian or the iPhone OS will have bugs. It's just the way it is.

Another thing I am speculative about is sound quality. After listening to my iPod touch for a few hours (using the same headphones) then listening to music in my 5800, there is a clear difference. (No, I am not an audiophile, I actually am a bit deaf, well at least that's what my friends say. :P) I hope the Nokia N8 is promising when it comes to this point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by apecx92
    nokia need to upgrade the hardware faster than iphone like 1gb ram and dual core proc=sweet! and nice graphic proc also better ovi store
    my KL friend, IP 4 doesn't have 1 GB RAM but 512 RAM and N8 GPU more better than IP 3GS(so far IP 4 GPU still unknown).NOKIA hardware outdated ? 12 MP with xenon flash outdated ? IP 4 5 MP updated ?wat the hell...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, i just get amazed with the better HD tip of the Iphone 4, coz it was supposed to be the main "arm" of the N8... now, that arm goes to the enemy... Iphone 4 is the "HD Smartphone" of the 2010 for now.

The design of the Iphone 4 is better over the N8 for me too, i like the stylished first look of the iphone. The black has an executive look.

Today they talk, in the presentation, about a night picture comparition with the N8 and the iphone 4... the iphone has a NEW "night algoritm" and get better pics than the N8... can this be possible?

The screen resolution is amazing too, just the best of the market. They used a new technology on the screen over the AMOLED, called "Irish view" or something like that... it supposed to be better to read e-books and surfing the web.

Well, I was a nokia fan, now i am free, and i have to put my vote in the Iphone 4 to my surprise.

I will wait with my "lovely" N97 for the new Symbian 4, maybe a 4" screen,Super AMOLED 800x600, 8/12 MP, xenon+led, alum/glass case, qwerty, 512 RAM, 1024 ROM, 64 GB internal, 3D and 1.0 Mhz procesor is over the corner... maybe december 2010... or i will get this amazing iphone 4... depends of u nokia.
    Deary me. How much did they pay you now?

Unless you're half blind or something, you wouldn't need a power hungry pixel dense screen eh? And the iPhone's battery is non-changeable. Count that in, too.

The 5800's battery has never let me down. And now that the N8 has a power saving AMOLED screen and a non-power-hungry 680Mhz processor, I think I could say the N8 would have the better battery life.

And @Oreo try playing with the 5800's equalizer. After that it'll be awesome!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by symbiote.s60
    Deary me. How much did they pay you now?

Unless you're half blind or something, you wouldn't need a power hungry pixel dense screen eh? And the iPhone's battery is non-changeable. Count that in, too.

The 5800's battery has never let me down. And now that the N8 has a power saving AMOLED screen and a non-power-hungry 680Mhz processor, I think I could say the N8 would have the better battery life.

And @Oreo try playing with the 5800's equalizer. After that it'll be awesome!
    trust me, i have played with it a lot, it's no match for my iPod Touch's sound. even with expensive Seinheisser headphones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The design is awful in my opinion, as i posted before the 3GS looks so much better.

And regarding the Night pictures, we'll have to wait and see but i very much doubt the iPhone will trump the N8 in this case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Iphone for me.Nokia its relly slow in terms of using it in daily life and for me thats all about , in my 3gs i have tons of movies apps around 70 aps and another stuff while 5800 has only 3gbs ocupied and it moves like shit wile i open menu setting or etc with the iphone i can do that with twice the speed.I don't have to talk about performance in games , i sow the asphalt 5 movie the 3gs hadles better then n8.
    Nokia its making unfinished os, huries the things up making rubish phones.
    The price for a iphone 4 its 199$ 16gb , 32gb 299 so nokia n8 its 499$ or so.

Dude u are walking with u re phone everywhere with u re headphones in ears?It sounds me so, i use them rearly once a week listen 30 minutes or so i give a shit if they have some diffrences.I used the 3.5 mm jack in soround sistem just once to test it nothing else...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    trust me, i have played with it a lot, it's no match for my iPod Touch's sound. even with expensive Seinheisser headphones
    don't know tat(i pod touch) but i tested(5800) the sound with i phone with my shure se 115 / altel lansing / PX 200-II...know wat, ip had no match with 5800 ! the sound quality was far far behind.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast