Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default question about ps3...

at last i'll buy the ps3 (too late lol),so i have some questions first,
    First:for what is the 80,120 gb memory??
    Second:i heard that the games could be installed..is this true??
    Third:if it's true, then how much a game takes memory??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: question about ps3...

and also,is the COD MW2,and BF Bad company controllable like the pc or harder??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Games installs to the hard-drive, but you'll still need the disks. Games and content (music for guitar hero) downloaded from the store is of course stored on the hard-drive.

COD MW2 was easy controllable on the PS3 when I tried it, but had absolutely NO FEELING WHAT SO EVER! The slow movement of the sight is aggravating and that super-precision a Razer Mamba gives is all gone! You can't move the mouse a dm (to turn 270 degrees) and at the same time click 4 time getting 3 head-shots and a regular hit in a secound. The graphics is also a notch lower than on the computer (Radeon 5870).

If you are seriously only going to play FPS, then don't buy a console - you will be disappointed. PPL saying that consoles it better haven't tried playing on a computer (or didn't give it a fair try).

But other games like sport games (including vehicle games) is usually better on consoles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by andnewman
    Games installs to the hard-drive, but you'll still need the disks. Games and content (music for guitar hero) downloaded from the store is of course stored on the hard-drive.

COD MW2 was easy controllable on the PS3 when I tried it, but had absolutely NO FEELING WHAT SO EVER! The slow movement of the sight is aggravating and that super-precision a Razer Mamba gives is all gone! You can't move the mouse a dm (to turn 270 degrees) and at the same time click 4 time getting 3 head-shots and a regular hit in a secound. The graphics is also a notch lower than on the computer (Radeon 5870).

If you are seriously only going to play FPS, then don't buy a console - you will be disappointed. PPL saying that consoles it better haven't tried playing on a computer (or didn't give it a fair try).

But other games like sport games (including vehicle games) is usually better on consoles.
    yea,ill also buy Assasian's creed2,and nfs shift,and many other games...and iam buying this because my laptop isnt powerfull enough to play these ''new games''..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

controllers do have a different feel for FPS but you will get the hang of it soon. I dont like the analog stick and feel of PS3 controller compared to the xbox. They still are controllable but it has a different feel. I still perfer mouse and keyboard but having to hold a controller while on the bed for example is more relaxing than siting on a chair all day with a mouse and keyboard.

The memory is used to get addidtional stuff in like media, demos, videos, patches, etc.

A game takes around 1 gig, it just stores all important data on the disc like videos and all other loading heavy stuff on the disc. it will make the game load faster but you still need the disc to be able to play the game

if you do buy one feel free to add me up 'Zymesh' im both in PSN and XBOX live

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    controllers do have a different feel for FPS but you will get the hang of it soon. I dont like the analog stick and feel of PS3 controller compared to the xbox. They still are controllable but it has a different feel. I still perfer mouse and keyboard but having to hold a controller while on the bed for example is more relaxing than siting on a chair all day with a mouse and keyboard.

The memory is used to get addidtional stuff in like media, demos, videos, patches, etc.

A game takes around 1 gig, it just stores all important data on the disc like videos and all other loading heavy stuff on the disc. it will make the game load faster but you still need the disc to be able to play the game

if you do buy one feel free to add me up 'Zymesh' im both in PSN and XBOX live
    sure m8,but what do u mean by patches?what do they do??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

firware updates for the ps3 and some 'bug fixes/paches/balance fix/game addons/etc' for games. For example map packs for COD:MW2.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

firware updates for the ps3 and some 'bug fixes/paches/balance fix/game addons/etc' for games. For example map packs for COD:MW2.
    oh okay...nice,are they downloaded using my pc or in the ps3 app. store?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

your ps3 should be connected on the net to downoad the needed stuff. downloading add-ons or updates is easy, you just need to follow the in-game menu or links to be directed to the download.

imo i prefer xbox than ps3. due to a lot of games and its online community. But if you dont want to go online i think the ps3 should be good but your wasting your free online gaming since ps3 is free while xbox live isnt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

your ps3 should be connected on the net to downoad the needed stuff. downloading add-ons or updates is easy, you just need to follow the in-game menu or links to be directed to the download.

imo i prefer xbox than ps3. due to a lot of games and its online community. But if you dont want to go online i think the ps3 should be good but your wasting your free online gaming since ps3 is free while xbox live isnt.
    no,ill go for the ps3..since it's more popular here in Lebanon,and another question,i heard that i can exchange my gaming points with free games or something like that..is this true??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast