Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Too Many Phones!...dazed, confused...my brain hurts. A little help pls guys...

Hi all. I'd really appreciate some help and advice from the members of this wicked, great forum.
    The 5800xm was my first touch phone and I've been addicted to it since I got it about 6 months ago.
    Despite it's short-comings (common knowledge to most by now, I'd say) I still think it rocks! Internet, Heaps of apps and ingenious, cool mods (Moders...you guys are amazing!)...anyway...
    I've been presented with the opportunity to get a brand new, "top of the line" phone and I'm at a complete and utter loss.
    I've been looking all over the net...company sites, forums (so many comments! I think I'm going cross eyed)...the "What phone should I buy? Possible candidates..." posted here was last commented on 3 months ago...
    I would really like to get some opinions, as all I know is my nokia 5800. What would you recommend? (Nokia (n900, etc), HTC (Desire, etc), SE (X10, etc))
    I have a little under a month till I have to decide and I want to make a good choice, as I probably won't be getting another phone for a very, very, very, etc... long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Too Many Phones!...dazed, confused...my brain hurts. A little help pls guys...

Welcome to DM forums.
    This is a hot topic with an ongoing discussion.
    Look at these 2 threads in the General forum for further info:
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,20178.0.html
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,19811.0.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Too Many Phones!...dazed, confused...my brain hurts. A little help pls guys...

Hmmmm... First of all as I understand you like customize your phone and install apps. etc. So Android and Maemo is your OS choice.

If I'll buy a new phone I buy a N900 without doubt.(I'm using 5800 too )
    But Android is also so cool. In android my choice will be the Nexus One...
    I don't like the SE becouse HTC is always better in smartphones.
    I like HTC HD2 much but windows is sucks in mobile phones.

At the and you must choose the right OS for yourself. If you choose Android you can easly buy a HTC... And don't buy Symbian because symbian 3 is coming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think there are several big os for mobile phone. Linux-based, windows, symbian, java. If you go for Maemo, soon you'll be regret why don't wait a little for MeeGo. Now, there's two os that not have (I think) any issues will release the upgraded version, that is Android 2.0 and windows mobile 6. Symbian? The S^4 has possibility cross over S^3, since their source code will finish soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

N97-3! For me, my best "today" option in my country... to raplace my ex 5800.- Is the nokia flagship today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

my advice : Dont buy a nokia high end TOUCH device.. Symbian has still a long way to go to be able to compete with Android,mac etc .. These OSes came into being for touch devices.They'll give a much better user experience AND bug free experience.
    I agree symbian^3 , ^4 whtever will release, but the thing is, same old nokia .. it'll be buggy (and i am pretty confident about it), they'll start rolling out firmwares for it, and after 3-4 updates, a year will have gone by and you will need a new phone. Therefore I suggest, look for a non symbian phone.
    Android (my personal opinion) has got a lot of scope. Its no longer new and fresh.. Its become quite stable and powerful. I dont think i need to say anything about the graphics.
    Hope i've cleared your confusion, a bit maybe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Topic moved from S60V5 to General Discussion.

Guys, stop posting such general topics in S60V5 forum.
    Use the General Discussion instead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you, every one for your advice (and by all means keep them coming) they're all really helpful.

@Usta I'm sorry about posting this in the wrong section. I'll try and be more careful in the future. I value your knowledge concerning my situation.

I'm going out again to have a closer look at what you all have advised.
    Again I thank everyone for giving me a clearer point of reference to go on...

If more of you knowledgeable members have more to contribute to aid me, please by all means do so; I'll be checking back in regularly (I look here almost daily (**Daily Mobile** YEAH!!! ) and keep you informed about my progress...I knew/know that I could/can count on you.
    THANKS.