Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default HTC HD2 vs. Samsung Omnia i8000 vs. Google HTC Nexus One -Which is recommended?

Hey Guys,

Need help here!

I had my Nokia 5800 phone but due to unable to play most of the common video files (avi, mp4, etc.), I am starting to feel 'unlucky' owning this phone. Also, the internal memory is so small that it gets so slow after browsing the internet for long time..

I also have Sony Ericsson C905. I am just saving it for it is a very good camera-phone function. heheheh...

Now I am planning to buy a new phone to replace my Nokia 5800XM. I am looking for with a versatile video player, faster internet browsing, and longer battery life. Among the phones out there, I am choosing among these three mobile phones:

1.) HTC HD2
    I love the huge screen display of this phone. It looks so neat with only a few buttons infront. The display is very good for browsing the web and in watching movies/videos. Moreover, the screen is scratch-proof.

2.) Samsung Omnia i8000
    Based on the forums I have read, this is very versatile that it can play several video formats. However, this seems like an old phone now.. I wonder if the screen is scratch proof.

3.) Google HTC Nexus One.
    This is a very new phone which is almost as big as HTC HD2 and it is scratch-proof screen too! Currently, Google will release an update to its firmware to settle the issues brought out by its users.

Among these three, of which should I buy? Appreciate your opinions and recommendations!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC HD2 vs. Samsung Omnia i8000 vs. Google HTC Nexus One -Which is recommended?

Omnia i8000 could be a good choice: it has a very nice screen, it's not too large, comes with its own player with most of the common video codec support, has a large internal storage, the price is lower than others.

HD2 has also good points: larger screen is better for video playback, has better CPU than Omnia, larger support community. You can enjoy video using 3rd party software, like CorePlayer.

Nexus One misses the necessary extended video play software (so far...), so you will need to heavily convert your videos. The situation may change in the coming months.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: HTC HD2 vs. Samsung Omnia i8000 vs. Google HTC Nexus One -Which is recommended?

thanks usta...

just today, my Nokia 5800XM is gone.. uhuhuhu... we've rushed to ride the bus on our way home.. and I just discovered the phone in my hand were missing. perhaps, it is gesturing it needs to be replaced! hehehe... all my contacts were there and the many mp3 songs saved in the 8GB memory card. *sigh*

based on your given feedback, it seems amongst the three, Omnia i8000 seems to be the most stable one. okay, I will try to have a 'hands-on' checking then decide which one to buy.

again, thanks a lot!