Join Today
    Administrator
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Which map is best... ?

Today's world is integrated and a good mapping software enhances this integration. *Any new buyer going to buy a phone lists Maps as an important aspect while buying *a new smart phone.</p> *

On the scale of 10, maps rate about *4 to 5 *for being a pre-requisite add on. *But recent stories about Apples IOS sending users to forest, it is important to compare the maps available on various smart phones.</p>

Android: Google Maps (Developed by Google themselves)</p>

Blackberry: 3rd Party Software</p>

iOS: Proprietary Maps developed by Apple</p>

Windows Phone 7 & 8: Nokia Drive</p>

Nokia Symbian Phones: Nokia Maps</p>

Bada: Samsung LBS (Route 66)</p>

WebOS: Carrier Software developed by HP</p>

Out of this I have used Google Maps, Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive and in my opinion Nokia Drive is the best Map available. *Google is good but at times it is scratchy and hard on old phones. Nokia is a clear winner in mapping software.</p>

I have not used iOS maps but have heard they are worst. Give your comments on the best maps you have used. At Least we will know where on earth we are on this front.</p>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Which map is best... ?

m not a nokia fan anymore buy my galaxy 3 lost.so i decided to try lumia 920.i was amazed how the quality & software sense came back to nokia...nokia drive is the best navigating app i had seen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I still stand firm that Nokia Maps (Symbian) is the best in this specific software/hardware battle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I grew up on a Nokia, I can't say I'm their fun atm, but yeah, Nokia Maps is also the best navi system for mobile phones there is, on my opinion too. Alltogether with the 3rd party apps (the "near by" studd. HRS Hotels, Public transport apps (trialed them all for some time, works) combined with usually a usable camera hw it makes makes the device very traveller friendly.
    I also extensively used Google Maps for lack of coverage in Nokia Maps. It works but once I ended up driving in corn fields (got to the destination though) - the navi part needs some shape up, or just not to cover the areas where they don't know about the quality of roads.

Also, I must mention Marble. Basically, it's a Linux project, also adapted to N9, so probably there are Android versions too. It's a very good opensource navi system, which lets you chose from different map providers, has a voice guidance layer too, up to date and is feature rich. Check it out,if you can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    I still stand firm that Nokia Maps (Symbian) is the best in this specific software/hardware battle.
    I'll go with you there.
    Check out my BlackBerry 10 Apps: Allstar Software

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I also support the Nokia guys their Maps are the best available

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've now used Nokia Maps on several of their devices and my experience was more than satisfying from the beginning.
    Owning a Galaxy Note now for a few months I consequently checked Google Maps and the free available OSM-based NAVFREE (offline running like NM) during my last visit to The Netherlands.
    On this trip NAVFREE obviously provided me the most actual maps (Nokia Maps sometimes were lost due to newly built roads) and I got the impression of high reliability, so this is my favoite atm,
    -h

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hyaene
    I've now used Nokia Maps on several of their devices and my experience was more than satisfying from the beginning.
    Owning a Galaxy Note now for a few months I consequently checked Google Maps and the free available OSM-based NAVFREE (offline running like NM) during my last visit to The Netherlands.
    On this trip NAVFREE obviously provided me the most actual maps (Nokia Maps sometimes were lost due to newly built roads) and I got the impression of high reliability, so this is my favoite atm,
    -h
    Is Navfree map available for India