Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default iPhone 4 official specs

Heres the official iPhone 4 Specifications:<ul>[*]IPS technology -- "Quite a bit better than OLED."[*]800:1 contrast ration, 4x better than the 3GS[*]960 x 640 display[*]Retina Display[*]3.5 inch display[*]78% of the pixels on iPad[*]Dual mics, 802.11n WiFi, GPS, compass, accelerometer.[*]Quad band HSDPA, 7.2Mbps[*]300 hours of standby, 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music[*]iPhone 4 is powered by the A4 chip[*]720p video recording[*]Video calls[*]5Mp camera[*]LED Flash[/list]
    Check out the full specs after the break...
    Size and weight1
    Height:
    4.5 inches (115.2 mm)
    Width:
    2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
    Depth:
    0.37 inch (9.3 mm)
    Weight:
    4.8 ounces (137 grams)
    Cellular and wireless<ul>[*]UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)[*]GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)[*]802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)[*]Bluetooth 2.1 EDR wireless technology[*]Location[*]Assisted GPS[*]Digital compass[*]Wi-Fi[*]Cellular[*]Power and battery2[*]Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery[*]Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter[*]Talk time:[*]Up to 7 hours on 3G[*]Up to 14 hours on 2G[*]Standby time: Up to 300 hours[*]Internet use:[*]Up to 6 hours on 3G[*]Up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi[*]Video playback: Up to 10 hours[*]Audio playback: Up to 40 hours[*]Mac system requirements[*]Mac computer with USB 2.0 port[*]Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later[*]iTunes 9.2 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)[*]iTunes Store account[*]Internet access[*]Windows system requirements[*]PC with USB 2.0 port[*]Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later[*]iTunes 9.2 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)[*]iTunes Store account[*]Internet access[*]Environmental requirements[*]Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F[*](0° to 35° C)[*]Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F[*](-20° to 45° C)[*]Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing[*]Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)[*]Capacity3[*]16GB or 32GB flash drive[*]Color[*]White or black[/list]Display<ul>[*]Retina display[*]3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display[*]960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi[*]800:1 contrast ratio (typical)[*]Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front and back[*]Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously[/list]Audio playback<ul>[*]Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz[*]Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX ), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV[*]User-configurable maximum volume limit[/list]TV and video<ul>[*]Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format[*]Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)[/list]<blockquote>If you want more iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad apps, wallpapers, rumors, details and info, take a look at the Daily iPhone Blog! - Your iPhone, Your way.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/06/07/iphone-4-official-specs/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: iPhone 4 official specs

dont forget the gyroscope

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

What is that btw?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marvinloess
    What is that btw?
    Gyroscope detects the phones rotation i think not sure

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Interesting specs...

They could have added some more support for video playblack formats. Such a powerful device should have no problem to decode most common video formats today, but I guess Apple remains fixed on their limited standard.

Has the crappy battery stand-by life improved? I don't think so...

Nice density of pixels on the screen: do I need glasses? We'll have to wait for actual user experience here. And again that strange 1.5 screen ratio...

Still no support for external storage cards.

Hmm, is TFT screen better than AMOLED?

All and all, iphone 4 is a very interesting device! I'm sure future phones will always be compared with this device in their reviews.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm not buying this until it has xenon...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well its too costly. And if it is costly it should provide me will all my needs!
    Greatest disadvantage:
    1. No Xenon flash
    2. No external mamory (hate this)
    3. Idiotic inbuilt battery
    4* Firmware cannot be modded like I do with symbian....> Symbian is the best!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

why i hate this because there is no contract type system here in india,apple currently selling 3G S in india for close to 36k{close to 795$) and may well be selling this one for surely 41-42k atleast{927$},thats too much

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Upakul
    Well its too costly. And if it is costly it should provide me will all my needs!
    Greatest disadvantage:
    1. No Xenon flash
    2. No external mamory (hate this)
    3. Idiotic inbuilt battery
    4* Firmware cannot be modded like I do with symbian....> Symbian is the best!
    i hope you are not thinking of buying n8 in that case since nokia decided to have internal battery that can not be changed just like the iphone. so apple is not the only one that has begun playing this game, tho annoying it is not a deal breaker for me. i find that 32 gigs is plenty of space for what i love to carry with me in my pocket lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    i hope you are not thinking of buying n8 in that case since nokia decided to have internal battery that can not be changed just like the iphone. so apple is not the only one that has begun playing this game, tho annoying it is not a deal breaker for me. i find that 32 gigs is plenty of space for what i love to carry with me in my pocket lol
    Well N8... its less priced than iphone with hot features.. I thought of buying it but now I am confused because it's hardware dosen't show support for S^4. So when S^4 gets released... N8 will not get the update and I will have to sell it :P
    Anyways.. 32GBs is good but an external slot helps in file transfer and sharing...
    lastly: I cannot modify an iphone OS... but I can do that with symbian

I see.. you have an iPhone so you are very pleased with it... aren't u dear?
    Yes.. it is a good product and gives customer satisfaction but not to someone like me... The day I will be able to MOD it, It will give me satisfaction

Till then.... iPhone is just a non-interesting product for me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast