Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 6 reasons why iPhone never will get Flash

If Apple was all about clients and their satisfaction, as it pretends to be, why would he kill so popular platform like Flash...

I think Jobs&co as computer manufacturers should make a computer that does run flash, instead of abandoning platform which was to difficult for their respected aluminum boxes.

I'll just recommend this -> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04...deconstructed/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It's Simple.

Flash = Adobe = Holes = Patches = Exploits = Malware.

Apple & Jobs don't entertain Malware, so no Flash = far fewer security problems!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Username
    It's Simple.

Flash = Adobe = Holes = Patches = Exploits = Malware.

Apple & Jobs don't entertain Malware, so no Flash = far fewer security problems!
    Arguing with fans is futile, get objective...

btw. talking about bugs? Check this out - http://www.openradar.appspot.com/page/1 , even if apple closed its bug reporting system, it doesn't mean its bug free...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is probably one of the few reasons I would NEVER consider buying an iPhone. I have the full web experience with the Nokia N900, soon enough Android users will get it too. Though set back by the OS and rendering speed issues, Symbian phones have always been able to render web pages far better than the iPhone, thanks to Flash Lite. Even Blackberries, which are known to suck at web browsing will get a Webkit based browser (as pointed out by Apple) WITH Flash Lite support!

So in short, iPhone will be the only *smart*phone unable to render pages with flash content properly and load up many, many pages present on the WWW, regardless of Apple's claims that HTML5, Ajax etc will suffice...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Heres my comment on from the same topic but on the iphone forum, since i saw it there first :P

Baah. Reaaon 1: Balls. Apple doesnt have the balls to include flash to their system. Simple as that, why make a list?

Ok, i dont really care what happens to apple but i find their arguments stupid so i had to comment :P
    I thought it was money or something? Grin

I was using skyfire to post my previous comment and that was after i watched all my new subscription videos on youtube and after playing little warrior on facebook. Flash is very important to satisfy my internet needs, if html5 is the future, so be it. I just cant have fun browsing without flash for now

Why do you not want flash?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The *only* reason why flash does not exist on the iPhone/iPad/iPod is that with Flash people with iPhones/iPads/iPods would have access to thousands of games and other apps for *free* through the web that Apple cannot sell you though iTunes. *THAT* is the one and only reason why they are denying flash. Everything else they say is a flat out lie - just smoke blown up our proverbial collective butts. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12