Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Samsung Wave and Galaxy production stopped?

Samsung runs out of SUPER AMOLEDs and halted top Galaxy S and Wave production simply because All Super AMOLED displays have been bought by Apple

We’ve got some interesting piece of news coming from Moscow Russia today, from Mobile-review’s editor Eldar Murtazin.

According to him , the Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Wave S8500 are no longer in production anymore, because Samsung has not enough super AMOLED screens left.
    The Wave should be replaced with a new model that features a bigger, Super TFT screen, while all its other features will remain the same.This will enable poorer screen to be compensated by more size and not force samsung to decrease the cost of phone

As for the Galaxy S, it’s said that Samsung doesn’t have any ready substitute for it at the moment, although the smart phone “contract carrier versions” ( meaning the Vibrant, Captivate, and Fascinate) will still continue to be in production “due to contract obligations.”

Assuming this is true how could have Samsung ran out of Super AMOLED displays.Answer from Eldar Murtazin is that Apple may have bought “all the vast quantities of Super AMOLEDs for 2011.” Of course, this is only a rumor, and I don’t think there’s any bit of truth in it. Apple won’t give up on its proven Retina Display for i Phone 4, especially when most if not all reviewers said it is one of the best displays ever included in a smartphone.

Sure enough, Apple may have bought all AMOLED displays for its future i Pads coming next summer, but that still doesn’t make much sense: why would Samsung not use one of its best technologies in its own products, and instead sell it to a rival company.May be apple is paying them heavily. Or this news could be fake. But seeing the shortage of Wave and galaxy in Asia the news seems true.

source

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Samsung Wave and Galaxy production stopped?

in right time i buy my wave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

too bad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Maybe halted the production untill they have more displays, ending the production of theirnmost successfull smart and semismartphones just makes absolutely no sense!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

btw mind the "?" symbol at the title. and also the bold letters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This could be very true. (Super) AMOLED screens are trickier to produce than common LCD screens. Also, there aren't that many factories that produce AMOLED screens. It's possible that Samsung isn't able to suffice the high demand of Super AMOLED displays.

This also happened to HTC Desire. HTC was not able to supply enough AMOLED screens for their Desire, so they decided to use sLCD displays instead.

Also note that Samsung is (as far as I know) the only manufacturer that produces AMOLED screens.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nope. Samsung is planning to built a plant specially for S Amoleds production...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

IF and ONLY IF its true that apple bought them its a sure fire way to kill the competitors a lil isnt it...stop them making more phones...

makes you wonder if that IS the case....are they worried?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

we r so lucky to buy samsung wave in right when i m buying my phone the shopkeeper was saying this phone is very short in market.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't know how long is Samsung planning to produce the Wave, but they just have announced Wave 2...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast