Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    airtel 3g mobile service now available in tamilnadu.
    i want change my noka5800 mobile 2g to 3g.
    call customer care,they says,just send sms...ur sim activated 3g.
    if possible to activate 2g to 3g in just sms?
    my friend using bsnl 3g service.i can verify the sim,its shows bsnl 3g,256kbs.
    but my airtel 2g sim only 64k.then how can i browse & download 3g speed?
    i have lot of confusion about airtel 3g service.plz quide me

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    221
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    i am from bangalore , to activate 3g i sent "3G" to 121 , and it is activated .

    To use 3G internet , you must choose a data plan

    But 3G is hell in cost .

    750 rs for just 2GB !!

    also video calling is around 3rs for 1 min !!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    its hell expensive for a student like me....i would stick with 2g as of now

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,829
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    Quote Originally Posted by souvikroy1111
    its hell expensive for a student like me....i would stick with 2g as of now
    same here but mtnl and bsnl charges are very less along with good speed in 3G.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    Contact me to enjoy free 3G experience..

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    yes, it is still a little expensive ,but it is worth

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nokifan~
    i am from bangalore , to activate 3g i sent "3G" to 121 , and it is activated .

    To use 3G internet , you must choose a data plan

    But 3G is hell in cost .

    750 rs for just 2GB !!

    also video calling is around 3rs for 1 min !!
    It is not cheap in china ,too

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,683
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    Quote Originally Posted by bournurplusher
    airtel 3g mobile service now available in tamilnadu.
    i want change my noka5800 mobile 2g to 3g.
    call customer care,they says,just send sms...ur sim activated 3g.
    if possible to activate 2g to 3g in just sms?
    my friend using bsnl 3g service.i can verify the sim,its shows bsnl 3g,256kbs.
    but my airtel 2g sim only 64k.then how can i browse & download 3g speed?
    i have lot of confusion about airtel 3g service.plz quide me
    ur full answer..........
    sim is only use for registration on network......
    about 2g or 3g, that is only spectrum.......(wave length)...........
    2g or 3g based on your phone tower capacity...... ....
    so there is no 2g or 3g sim.......... but some provider sale there sim with 3g activated and call that sim the 3g sim..........

    yes it is possible to activate the 3g by just sms or call to ur service provider....
    how............
    they register ur no. on the spectrum......... when ur 3g phone tower "on" the spectrum search id on that cell and registered with 3g spectrum.... after that u can use high speed................

    on some sim u can see like 64 kb and 128 kb.................

    but these are not speed they are memory of ur sim for store contact and messages.............

    some of these fact can be wrong................. if wrong then correct me....

    if this post helpful for u then plz hit the green arrow..........

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    if you want video call use fring over 2g connection (the latest version doesnt work properly on belle refresh ,dont know why it dont allow to log in,though i suceed one time )

    active 3g set your network mode to 3g as it allows video call only in 3g and wifi network
    subscribe to a 2g plan (50 mb for 5 rs works great)
    launch fring if you are able to log in try a video call works good though the video is low quality as the speed is not more than 20 kbps but it works



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,683
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: basic question about airtel india 3g sim card

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetar
    if you want video call use fring over 2g connection (the latest version doesnt work properly on belle refresh ,dont know why it dont allow to log in,though i suceed one time )

    active 3g set your network mode to 3g as it allows video call only in 3g and wifi network
    subscribe to a 2g plan (50 mb for 5 rs works great)
    launch fring if you are able to log in try a video call works good though the video is low quality as the speed is not more than 20 kbps but it works


    that is good but not all people uses the Fring and video call.......


 

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Nokia 5800 MicroSD Card
    By yiannixanthos in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 11:10 AM
  2. Free GPS Service in MUmbai (India) by AirTEL
    By darshan1512 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 10:44 AM
  3. Question about memory card files.
    By KrEmL1N in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 02:06 AM
  4. Music Question - Memory Card
    By Jacey Boy in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •