Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Galaxy S2 GT I9100 – Steps to Update with Jellybean 4.2 Custom ROM Firmware

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users now have a reason to feel pumped up as over a period of this article we will be guiding you on how you can accommodate the latest state of the art Android 4.2 firmware version right in your device. Though there are still no updates on by when there will be Jellybean 4.2 version of firmware will be rolling out officially by Samsung, the good thing is that developers are all here with the custom ROM firmwares which will help you apply this latest jellybean 4.2 firmwares with the help of custom ROM firmware called “Jellybam” firmware. Also, we have listed some of the brief features which this firmware comes with.

Key Features of Jellybam 4.2 Firmware for S2 GT I9100:

- Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID -
    - Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences -
    - Tons of customizations -
    - Themes and Mods in JellyBam style -
    - Aroma installer -
    - Latest CM10/AOKP vsync patched Kernel -
    - Latest Siyah and DorimanX -
    - Google apps from android 4.2 -
    - New Mali driver -
    - Exynos HWComposer -
    - Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets -
    - Gallery, Camera and KeyBoard from 4.2 -
    - Clock from android 4.2 -
    - Google play music from android 4.2 -
    - photo sphere and panorama works

[img width=728 height=800]http://cdn.androidadvices.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Jellybam-New.png[/img]

Express Pre Requisites:

All the data in your Galaxy S2 should be backed up with the help of below manual steps. Don’t backup with the help of KIES PC Tool as it won’t detect the custom ROM firmwares.

Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM MANAGER as it may even brick the device for which we should not be held responsible for any damage.

SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
    Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
    Call Log - Call Log and Restore
    Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
    APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”

Minimum battery level left in your phone should not fall below 30% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.

Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether your phone is rooted or not. If your device is not rooted, you will

Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.

Please note that as of now it’s on the latest 4.1.2 Jellybean firmware but soon an OTA will power the device on the latest jellybean 4.2 firmware. But all the apps in this firmware are from Jellybean 4.2 firmware.

So as soon as the device is rooted and all the data in your device is backed up, you will now need to head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Galaxy S2 GT I9100 – Steps to Update with Jellybean 4.2 Custom ROM Firmware

Procedure to Update Jellybam 4.2 Update in GALAXY S2 GT I9100:

Download the Jellybam 4.2 Firmware Packagefrom here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.

Once you have placed the file, disconnect the device and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.

Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.

In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode alternatively via the ROM Manager app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.

Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” to select the zip file of Jellybam which you have placed in your device’s SD Card. Once the file is selected, you now need to wait for the zip file to get processed in the device. As soon as you see the message of “installing from sd card completed” at the bottom of the screen, you now need select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device.

Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.

Source

Via

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Galaxy S2 GT I9100 – Steps to Update with Jellybean 4.2 Custom ROM Firmware

+1 for the info bro

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey Guys I just Got my LG Optimus 3D couple weeks ago, and it comes with Android 2.2.2 something like that, so i was wandering if this Jelly Bean actually will work with it ? it may seem a dumb question but, i been using Symbian ever since there was Nokia so i decided to move on something different this time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Works fine, +1 bro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by amine250
    Works fine, +1 bro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

As a newbie to Android from Symbian I would like to say a very big public thanks to mussiexxx your a legend. Helped me step by step to achieve the above.
    Got to say sold over now, really getting to grips with JBam, love the S2 (701 nokia for sale )
    @mussiexxx + rep

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chazey2
    As a newbie to Android from Symbian I would like to say a very big public thanks to mussiexxx your a legend. Helped me step by step to achieve the above.
    Got to say sold over now, really getting to grips with JBam, love the S2 (701 nokia for sale )
    @mussiexxx + rep
    Thanks mate and it was my pleasure +1 to you too

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nice tut +1 am already using it. waiting for a new update

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I really like this mod. I checked their website and they offer support for other Galaxy range devices as well. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast