Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    305
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Is it worth buying sgs3 / onex now espeacially since cortex a15's are arround the corner ? Dual core snapdragon s4 comes close to both quad core exynos and tega3 & hell even beats them in some benchmarks so naturally quad core a15's will blow away all current flagships . I want a phone which is well future proof - many may say including manufacturers that their current flagships are quite future proof but thats just another gimmick . They offcourse will port one more iteration (jellybean) that too stripped of some features that they've saved for their next flagship - but other than that i dont expect them to be any more generous - afterall if they are going to update older devices whose gonna buy new ones .... So i guess the longer i wait more are the chaces of me ending up buying a more future proof device !
    Sorry for the essay to sum it up - Is it worth buying sgs3/onex now or wait a bit more

    Edit : dont know if this is the right section to post this or whether such things have already been discussed here if so feel free to delete the topic !

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    No phone is future proof, all the big boys release a new flagship device once a year, so buy now or wait 12 months?. It's a merry go round.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    305
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor
    No phone is future proof, all the big boys release a new flagship device once a year, so buy now or wait 12 months?. It's a merry go round.
    With such mammoth hardware specs you would expect it to be future proof but they'll find out one reason or the another to break our expectations i mean what kind of a mobile os would be so resource hungry enough not to run on a quad core application processor and a gig of ram (coupled with a massive gpu) ! It all mostly depends on manufacturers at the end like my old 3GS will soon get ios6 too all i really miss is siri but even ip4 does'nt have it and its understandable as they have to differentiate their new product .

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    89
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    If you like having powerful processors for your gaming needs, go ahead. I'll just wait for some new nexus or something, until then,l I'll stick with ma good old sgs2, which pretty much has all my smartphone needs.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Apex666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    23,750
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    4

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikorulez

    With such mammoth hardware specs you would expect it to be future proof but they'll find out one reason or the another to break our expectations i mean what kind of a mobile os would be so resource hungry enough not to run on a quad core application processor and a gig of ram (coupled with a massive gpu) ! It all mostly depends on manufacturers at the end like my old 3GS will soon get ios6 too all i really miss is siri but even ip4 does'nt have it and its understandable as they have to differentiate their new product .
    Looking at the way development of devices are going, we could be looking at 8-CORE processing power very soon...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,101
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    if you are a fanboy buy any one of the two if not wait for same thing that suits your needs

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    206
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikorulez
    Is it worth buying sgs3 / onex now espeacially since cortex a15's are arround the corner ? Dual core snapdragon s4 comes close to both quad core exynos and tega3 & hell even beats them in some benchmarks so naturally quad core a15's will blow away all current flagships . I want a phone which is well future proof - many may say including manufacturers that their current flagships are quite future proof but thats just another gimmick . They offcourse will port one more iteration (jellybean) that too stripped of some features that they've saved for their next flagship - but other than that i dont expect them to be any more generous - afterall if they are going to update older devices whose gonna buy new ones .... So i guess the longer i wait more are the chaces of me ending up buying a more future proof device !
    Sorry for the essay to sum it up - Is it worth buying sgs3/onex now or wait a bit more

    Edit : dont know if this is the right section to post this or whether such things have already been discussed here if so feel free to delete the topic !
    If you want to buy any of these two great smartphones why not buy it now.
    Waiting is always a dangerous game to play in the mobile world. You can never stop waiting for a better phone!
    But if you have any taste for bigger device, I might as well advise you to wait for Galaxy Note II but If not buy any of these two phones.
    They will both for sure get the next version of Android.

    HTC One X over SGS III
    -Looks, It is subjective though because I personally prefer the look and design of Galaxy SIII.
    -Better Camera performance in Low light condition without Flashlight enabled
    -Brighter IPS LCD2 screen with a full set of subpixels
    -More beautiful Recents & Running App view
    -A little cheaper ATM
    -Sense UI 4.0

    **Both are made of Polycarbonate/plastic***
    **Both support Micro-SIM only
    SGS III over HTC One X
    -Higher display contrast and better sunlight legibility
    -S Beam for easy and fast file transfers
    -Smoother experience
    -Much better browsing Experience (Uber-smooth)
    -Homescreen Navigation doesn't stutter when you use any kind of live wallpaper, including the heaviest ones (From personal experience)
    -Better Camera Features and performance (Still and Video)
    -Better Camera performance in low light with flashlight enabled
    -Better Battery Backup
    -Removable battery
    -MicroSD card Support
    -Upto 64G of internal Storage
    -Fantastic Multimedia Features
    -Excellent Video player, Supports almost any video file type
    -Better Audio Quality both Loudspeaker and Headset (according GSMArena)
    -Better connectivity support (Can connect to many things simulteneously)
    -Better Call audio quality
    -Smart Stay
    -Smart call
    -A little costlier ATM
    -Limitless multitasking out of box (HTC One X is limited to 4 apps out of box)
    -More functional Recent&Running apps view (it has remove all, View available RAM, advance task manager options)
    -S-Voice?
    -48 Gig free cloud storage
    -Touchwiz Nature UX
    -Better Processor & GPU?

    But it still depends on your personal taste>

    ***Note***
    there are much reports of hardware dissatisfaction for HTC One X compared HTC One S, P and Galaxy SIII on XDA ranging from the case peeling, dust under the screen, wifi death grip, toTerrible multitasking experince etc

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikorulez

    With such mammoth hardware specs you would expect it to be future proof but they'll find out one reason or the another to break our expectations i mean what kind of a mobile os would be so resource hungry enough not to run on a quad core application processor and a gig of ram (coupled with a massive gpu) ! It all mostly depends on manufacturers at the end like my old 3GS will soon get ios6 too all i really miss is siri but even ip4 does'nt have it and its understandable as they have to differentiate their new product .
    You can have Siri on your 3GS, she will run just fine, I have her on an iPhone 4 and I have no complaints at all.

    Check out the recent posts about single core vs multi core, you might agree that these newest high end devices are not as good using their OS as they are cracked up to be.

    Quantity doesn't always = quality.

    You can try iOS6 beta now on your 3GS without a developers account, see this post http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=74431.0

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    305
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jokesy
    If you want to buy any of these two great smartphones why not buy it now.
    Waiting is always a dangerous game to play in the mobile world. You can never stop waiting for a better phone!
    But if you have any taste for bigger device, I might as well advise you to wait for Galaxy Note II but If not buy any of these two phones.
    They will both for sure get the next version of Android.

    HTC One X over SGS III
    -Looks, It is subjective though because I personally prefer the look and design of Galaxy SIII.
    -Better Camera performance in Low light condition without Flashlight enabled
    -Brighter IPS LCD2 screen with a full set of subpixels
    -More beautiful Recents & Running App view
    -A little cheaper ATM
    -Sense UI 4.0

    **Both are made of Polycarbonate/plastic***
    **Both support Micro-SIM only
    SGS III over HTC One X
    -Higher display contrast and better sunlight legibility
    -S Beam for easy and fast file transfers
    -Smoother experience
    -Much better browsing Experience (Uber-smooth)
    -Homescreen Navigation doesn't stutter when you use any kind of live wallpaper, including the heaviest ones (From personal experience)
    -Better Camera Features and performance (Still and Video)
    -Better Camera performance in low light with flashlight enabled
    -Better Battery Backup
    -Removable battery
    -MicroSD card Support
    -Upto 64G of internal Storage
    -Fantastic Multimedia Features
    -Excellent Video player, Supports almost any video file type
    -Better Audio Quality both Loudspeaker and Headset (according GSMArena)
    -Better connectivity support (Can connect to many things simulteneously)
    -Better Call audio quality
    -Smart Stay
    -Smart call
    -A little costlier ATM
    -Limitless multitasking out of box (HTC One X is limited to 4 apps out of box)
    -More functional Recent&Running apps view (it has remove all, View available RAM, advance task manager options)
    -S-Voice?
    -48 Gig free cloud storage
    -Touchwiz Nature UX
    -Better Processor & GPU?

    But it still depends on your personal taste>

    ***Note***
    there are much reports of hardware dissatisfaction for HTC One X compared HTC One S, P and Galaxy SIII on XDA ranging from the case peeling, dust under the screen, wifi death grip, toTerrible multitasking experince etc
    Thanks at jokesy +1 for your help i am still confused - if i go for onex/sgs3 what if the a15's outrun what we think today as beasts when they come out in Q4 this year ! - we'll feel pathetic for having spent such an enormous amount of money and at the year end our devices get cheaply outrun by others without even lasting a full long year !
    Anyway i've decided to go for onex if at all am buying a phone now . Sgs3 is better than onex in every aspect except the screen and looks but am sort of a game lover and samsung have made it clear that they will not spend money to rope in developers to create exynos friendly or exclusive games while it looks like every upcoming game is customised nvidia tegra 3 and they look pathetic on other android devices ! eventhough with more powerfull hardware than tegra3 counterparts sgs3 could have run all of them fine .
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor
    You can have Siri on your 3GS, she will run just fine, I have her on an iPhone 4 and I have no complaints at all.

    Check out the recent posts about single core vs multi core, you might agree that these newest high end devices are not as good using their OS as they are cracked up to be.

    Quantity doesn't always = quality.

    You can try iOS6 beta now on your 3GS without a developers account, see this post
    thank you +1 i knew about siri i'll try ios6 beta anyhow

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    305
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP]Is it worth buying onex/sgs3 now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apex666
    Looking at the way development of devices are going, we could be looking at 8-CORE processing power very soon...
    Lol if all they can innovate is by doubling the number of cores each fall whose gonna buy em
    Quote Originally Posted by mussiexxx
    if you are a fanboy buy any one of the two if not wait for same thing that suits your needs
    Yup i am a fanboy not of droid/samsung but linkin park !


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One X: Is It Worth Buying?
    By MasMedia in forum Android Phones
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
  2. Is the PSP worth buying?
    By dipanjan19 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 07:34 AM
  3. Is Nokia N8 worth buying?
    By gran turismo in forum Symbian^3, Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 06:16 AM
  4. 5530 worth buying or wait something new?
    By Steven_SouthCastle in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 04:59 PM
  5. Is the N86 worth buying??
    By MicroMina in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •