Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default nokia Multitasking is crap..

I sold my Nokia N8 and bought an android device. (LG Optimus Black)

Some apps are always working in background, like E-mail. If i close it, it opens again in background.. and i got poor battery life..

Cant close games too, they dont have an exit option and they are working in background.. I have to use a task manager to kill them..

I miss my Nokia N8 and Symbian..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Android Multitasking is crap..

Uh, on Nokia, Email is always working in the background, even if you dont see it in the task manager, because its meant to be invisible from the task manager. You can see it if you use a third party task manager. Also, most of the things you see running in the background on a Droid, like clock, messaging, email, music, etc, are also all running in the background on a Nokia device, its just that the default task manager is designed to not show them to you, because if you kill the clock app, then naturally your clock will stop working. The Android task manager on the other hand shows everything, like how a third party task manager for Symbian would show you everything.

Second, simply pressing the back button on the game would exit them, they arent working in the background. They would work in the background if you pressed the home key instead of back.

Basically, you are trying to work your new Android phone like how you would work a Symbian phone, which is wrong. What you are doing is like trying to control a MacBook like how you would control a Windows PC, which although you can achieve some results, is inherently wrong. This is simply because how Android works is very much different in the way Symbian works.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by XER0
    Some apps are always working in background, like E-mail. If i close it, it opens again in background.. and i got poor battery life..
    wel,apps like that must be running in the background,for battery life,try to undreclock your cpu,and dim your screen's brightness
    Cant close games too, they dont have an exit option and they are working in background.. I have to use a task manager to kill them..
    use the back key (the hardware one) it closes your apps
    take a while and learn how to use your device,you will like it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You can uninstall email app if you want using titanium backup

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It takes a while to adapt to a new OS. If you where going to Symbian after Android, you would also noticed the differences and might incur in the error of trying to use it the same old way.

The multitasking is a bit more hard to handle (my opinion is that it's different and for the worse) and managing the apps require a bit of experience, but if you follow here the advises you are going on the right way and soon you will enjoy more your new phone and his possibilities.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Its good mate it will take one 2 or 3 days a max to adapt android

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

LOL. I've expected more Symbian users to make such statements without bothering to read this forum (and maybe some others) about Android...

Besides, the topic title is about Multitasking (the ability of a device to handle and switch over multiple tasks), but OP describes his problem as too many background services running and poor battery life. Two very different things!

Please take the trouble and first go read about how Android works, before making ridiculous statements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I sold my Nokia N8 and bought an android device. (LG Optimus Black)

I miss my Nokia N8 and Symbian..
    Ha ha, it's nice, for a change, to see post about something on android is crappy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pasmater
    Ha ha, it's nice, for a change, to see post about something on android is crappy.
    Sure, call for example "Android battery life if crappy compared to Symbian", and I'll say "Yes, that is true".
    Just make statements that hold ground...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Out of the box, the multitasking feature on S^3 is far superior than Android in terms of user friendly (it's not a ridiculous comment). Switching from apps it's simply much better. Knowing what you can close (not kill) is also easy to do from the multitasking bar without having worries about compromising the behavior of the phone.

Android does have some apps on the market (like Symbian as on Ovi Store) that can make the use of multitasking more friendly and easy to use, so search it but beware that in Android you normally have the option to "kill" the app, not to close. It's 2 different things. Read about it and you will see many advices that point you to not kill apps on Android OS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast