Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Android Emulator psx4droid plays PSX games - Video demo

The newly released Android Emulator psx4droid by ZodTTD play most PSX games just fine. There are some problems in the sound department, but the overall experience is great. Check out the video demos after the break!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3bJnqQbzk[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW7CxT0l20s[/youtube]
    <blockquote>psx4droid 1.0 running on a Nexus One: Crash Bandicoot</blockquote>
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYvCYsuwV0[/youtube]
    <blockquote>This is Shauneh from the Modaco forums here is my cam feed upload of the Dell Streak playing FF7 with 30hz refresh rate, all is good and seems to run really well.</blockquote>
    [Via] - [Via]
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/07/26/android-emulator-psx4droid-plays-psx-games-video-demo/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Android Emulator psx4droid plays PSX games - Video demo

Seems like most emulators tend to have major problems with sound emulation early on, while handling video fine.
    All in all, I can see android smartphones being a fine platform to play some FF games on the go.

But doesn't posting about emulators violate the local "this may be warez, don't even think about it" rule? Pretty much every emulator has to have access to a rip of the game, and needs PSX BIOS file to work, both of which are under copyright and cannot be distributed legally. I.e. warez.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I believe discussing about emulation is fine and is purely legal as long as there are no links posted on where to get the game rips and bios

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

So the N1 is at least as powerfull as a PSP to handle Psx games like that!
    I think the real problem is not sound but controls!
    It's really not practical to emulate buttons on a touch screen...

shadowninty

I gotta get me a droid....

And BTW its perfectly legal if you already own the game to download the ROM.
    or example I already owned Pokemon Ruby and Saphire so I downloaded Emerald to play on GPSP as technically they are the same game, just different versions (seriously ask Nintendo) because the changes in code between the three versions amount to less the 1%

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

That's why Sony released themself a PSX emulator on PSP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    And BTW its perfectly legal if you already own the game to download the ROM.
    or example I already owned Pokemon Ruby and Saphire so I downloaded Emerald to play on GPSP as technically they are the same game, just different versions (seriously ask Nintendo) because the changes in code between the three versions amount to less the 1%
    Nay. You just commited a copyright infridgement. This is a sad state of copyright laws in the West, most of them will outlaw downloading content even if you own physical media. Nintendo of all companies may actually go after you for this, they are widely known as biggest opponents of freedom to do anything other then "plug into console and play" with their products.

You can make copies of your own media as backup in most countries, but you cannot download someone else's backups without committing infringement. Yes, it's that retarded in many countries now.

Finally, there's an issue if BIOS which you need to run any game at all. There is no legal way to get that AT ALL, as even if you own a PSX console and hardware necessary to extract BIOS, it would be a copy made to facilitate creation of another device that could play the games = infringement.

Of course you may be living in one of the few countries where laws didn't get this bad yet. But those are few.