Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    shadowninty

Default Re: Looking for an Android to suit me

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    It works with all carrier. Also, cheapest I found is approx 400$ + shipping, what is approx 350€
    +1
    So even less after XMas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I would highly recommend the X10. Its an excellent device, NO ITS NOT "kiddish" or "unprofessional". TimeScape is excellent as it brings together your Twitter, Facebook, Call Log, Contacts, Emils, Messages ,Musicetc...in to one app and homescreen,always keeping you upto date with the latest messages, statuses etc... MediaScape,handles media beautifuly: brilliant Music Player, great Image manager and great video player. Both TimeScape and MediaScape are very responsive on latest firmware,i have been loving them,its a very unique user experience i must say,and coupled with an EXCELLENT Camera, probably the best in Android,and the Camera UI is very nicely customized by SE ,far more functional and better to use than the others. The huge 4"inch display is ideal for any enviroment,and looks very natural,with lots of detail. Music quality is just a pleasure, and finaly its a gorgeous device powered by a 1GHz CPU. Its far from a waste of money,and it will be an absolute beast with 2.1 ,it will even get PROPER HD720p@30fps with constant focus (like Vivaz) video recording, NO choppieness and jerking unlike a certain device that got 2.2 recently. Overall,a very under rated device,im glad though as its unique.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 + 64GB MicroSDXC
    Apple iPad 4 WiFi+LTE
    Sony PlayStation 4 1TB + PS Camera & PS TV

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_011
    I would highly recommend the X10. Its an excellent device, NO ITS NOT "kiddish" or "unprofessional". TimeScape is excellent as it brings together your Twitter, Facebook, Call Log, Contacts, Emils, Messages ,Musicetc...in to one app and homescreen,always keeping you upto date with the latest messages, statuses etc... MediaScape,handles media beautifuly: brilliant Music Player, great Image manager and great video player. Both TimeScape and MediaScape are very responsive on latest firmware,i have been loving them,its a very unique user experience i must say,and coupled with an EXCELLENT Camera, probably the best in Android,and the Camera UI is very nicely customized by SE ,far more functional and better to use than the others. The huge 4"inch display is ideal for any enviroment,and looks very natural,with lots of detail. Music quality is just a pleasure, and finaly its a gorgeous device powered by a 1GHz CPU. Its far from a waste of money,and it will be an absolute beast with 2.1 ,it will even get PROPER HD720p@30fps with constant focus (like Vivaz) video recording, NO choppieness and jerking unlike a certain device that got 2.2 recently. Overall,a very under rated device,im glad though as its unique.
    Interesting
    I love its design
    But there is one thing that stops me even considering purchasing any SE Android device:
    Updates!
    Still on 1.6
    Yet its well capable of running 2.2 (I know you've been promised 2.1 by years end)
    HTC delivers updates swiftly however and also has a large unofficial Custom ROM Development Community

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The X10 has had atleast 2 fw updates PER MONTH since it was released, SE are working hard on it,it maybe on 1.6 but it performs and has many elements like a 2.1 device. The X10 also has a growing mod community who are working on its bootloader, check Xda X10 section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=614
    Apple iPad 4 WiFi+LTE

shadowninty

The X10 has had atleast 2 fw updates PER MONTH since it was released, SE are working hard on it,it maybe on 1.6 but it performs and has many elements like a 2.1 device. The X10 also has a growing mod community who are working on its bootloader, check Xda X10 section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=614
    Mostly bugfixes, not major updates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I do not suggest the Xperia X10. It can be described as the worst Android phone ever. Screen doesn't respond well to touch, the UI design is CRAP and almost USELESS, the OS sometimes simply freezes totally random, and such things.

I've tried the X10 for a week, don't try to tell me it is good. TimeScape is meaningless, the basic Android phone book is good as-is, SE just added their shiny crap to it, and voilá, TimeScape. While HTC Desire or Galaxy S has a very intuitive UI, a lot more capability, and has a better look too :P

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    I do not suggest the Xperia X10. It can be described as the worst Android phone ever. Screen doesn't respond well to touch, the UI design is CRAP and almost USELESS, the OS sometimes simply freezes totally random, and such things.

I've tried the X10 for a week, don't try to tell me it is good. TimeScape is meaningless, the basic Android phone book is good as-is, SE just added their shiny crap to it, and voilá, TimeScape. While HTC Desire or Galaxy S has a very intuitive UI, a lot more capability, and has a better look too :P
    You might be right about the UI but
    I only was messing around with a display unit and for a few mins and I found the UI quite nice
    I prefer it to S60 UI anyway
    How practical it might be for every day use is a different matter I guess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sounds like you had a faulty unit fonix.
    Had my X10 for a month and its been fantastic, what SE has done to it is perfectly fine,even reviewers were impressed,especialy for a device running 1.6. I havent had any freezes or other "random?" things,lol. The Galaxy S suffers from major slow downs and freezes ive heard, its a well known problem for it,not the X10. Latest firmware on X10 improved the battery life and speed significantly nowhere close to being the worst Android
    Apple iPad 4 WiFi+LTE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sounds like you had a faulty unit fonix.
    Had my X10 for a month and its been fantastic, what SE has done to it is perfectly fine,even reviewers were impressed,especialy for a device running 1.6. I havent had any freezes or other "random?" things,lol. The Galaxy S suffers from major slow downs and freezes ive heard, its a well known problem for it,not the X10. Latest firmware on X10 improved the battery life and speed significantly nowhere close to being the worst Android
    Thats only in one variant and will be fixed in next update. The international Variant of Galaxy S has nothing, its perfect, used it. Running Android Eclair (2.1), and the touchwiz actually rocks.

AS for SE.. its still at 1.6, where as ppl are now waiting for 3.0, thats the major drawback.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I say wait for more 2.2 devices to be released first, currently there's very few that have been updated, but if you're in a hurry, I think Galaxy S or Nexus One is the way to go.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast