Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Android Wallpaper Resolution - Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by spandaa
    Thanks Phat and skalleren, this is a useful thread. I always wanted to know the res of wallpapers for HTC Legend.

Suppose I download some wallpapers from the Net to my pc - how do I apply them in my mobile ?
    Connect the Legend to your PC and select Disk Drive mode.
    Now open Windows Explorer and copy the wallpapers from PC to phone's SD card. Open them on the phone and apply as wallpaper.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi guys! Im facing a problem setting a wallpaper on my Galaxy S.. First of all im just using one homescreen.. And when i use a wallpaper of resolution of 960x800.. the pic comes zoomed in a lot.. however if i use 2 homescreens the issue is resolved.. half a wallpaper on each screen.. I just wanted to know what resolution i want to use if i want to keep just just one homescreen.. I am attaching some screenshots to explain my problem.. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@praveen6585,
    Try 480x800. I think Phat had somewhere a huge collection of wallpapers in this resolution.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    @praveen6585,
    Try 480x800. I think Phat had somewhere a huge collection of wallpapers in this resolution.
    Ok.. i had thought of that option but not tried it yet.. was thinking that it might be a problem since we have to compulsorily crop/select the area of the photo.. and that ratio of length to height while selecting the area is fixed.. the ratio of 960x800 fits perfectly for that.. will try out the 480x800 though and let you know.. thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@usta

As guessed, 480x800 resolution also wont fit properly.. while setting the wallpaper it will not allow me to select the whole picture..

Pls ignore the colours in the screenshots.. the app that im using is taking them that way..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Interesting!
    So Samsung's Android uses 2 different wallpapers to vover the desktop against one big!
    Are you sure it's 480x800 x2 and not 480x854 x2 ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    Interesting!
    So Samsung's Android uses 2 different wallpapers to vover the desktop against one big!
    Are you sure it's 480x800 x2 and not 480x854 x2 ??
    Its not exactly 2 different wallpapers.. its just one but the width (960) is double the resolution of the screen (480).. so it shows half of the wallpaper if there are 2 homescreens.. if there are more screens it shows parts of it as you move from screen to screen.. it looks good as long as you have multiple homescreens but like in my case if you just keep 1 homescreen everything goes for a toss!.. its pretty stupid to force a wide wallpaper when there is just one screen..

The screen resolution is 480x800 so the correct wide resolution is 960*800..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by praveen6585
    Its not exactly 2 different wallpapers.. its just one but the width (960) is double the resolution of the screen (480).. so it shows half of the wallpaper if there are 2 homescreens.. if there are more screens it shows parts of it as you move from screen to screen.. it looks good as long as you have multiple homescreens but like in my case if you just keep 1 homescreen everything goes for a toss!.. its pretty stupid to force a wide wallpaper when there is just one screen..

The screen resolution is 480x800 so the correct wide resolution is 960*800..
    I see your issue, and I think I have the solution.
    Take a wallpaper with 480x800 resolution and add black borders (some called it canvas size) from left and right making it 960x800. You can do this with many photo software. Then you select a wallpaper including these black borders. Now the full picture should be seen on the main screen, while black borders in others (which you don't need).
    A bit of experimenting should make this work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    I see your issue, and I think I have the solution.
    Take a wallpaper with 480x800 resolution and add black borders (some called it canvas size) from left and right making it 960x800. You can do this with many photo software. Then you select a wallpaper including these black borders. Now the full picture should be seen on the main screen, while black borders in others (which you don't need).
    A bit of experimenting should make this work.
    Ohh.. So ur saying to keep 3 homescreens and the width as follows:

Black border (240) - Picture (480) - Black border (240)

Or keep two homescreens and the width as follows:

Black border (480) - Picture (480)

I think the second option will be better coz with 3 homescreens it may be exact 1/3rd pic on each screen and then it will be a problem again.. will experiment a bit and see.. Thanks for the idea!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ahh.. finally success!!! managed to get it working.. but I have to keep 2 homescreens.. no escaping that! but atleast i can see the whole wallpaper of resolution 480x800! Thanks a lot usta! attaching the edited wallpaper..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast