Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default According To Google CEO Eric Schmidt, There Will Be No Nexus Two

Looks like there will not be a Nexus Two, as confirmed by Google CEO Eric Schmidt...
    Quote from the speech:

Initially, Google felt that they needed to build a device to help Android along so they worked with HTC to create the Nexus One handset. Schmidt says: “The idea a year and a half ago was to do the Nexus One to try to move the phone platform hardware business forward. It clearly did. It was so successful, we didn't have to do a second one. We would view that as positive but people criticised us heavily for that. I called up the board and said: 'Ok, it worked. Congratulations - we're stopping'. We like that flexibility, we think that flexibility is characteristic of nimbleness at our scale."
    Read the full article here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: According To Google CEO Eric Schmidt, There Will Be No Nexus Two

He was drunk!
    No firm in the world stop production when they have unexpected success,I am pretty sure N2 will be out somewhere in Christmas and as N1 it will be announced only 10 days before

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No problem,i am not complaining as long as they r providing Nexus With all the latest pdates.

I am pretty sure Android 3.0 will also be provided to Nexus :P...........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i hope it will be commensurate with droid X or EVo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It's just another HTC phone but with a tiny Google logo on the back. It was successful and the original plan of moving the hardware forward was achieved. There will be plenty more Android phones from HTC in the future and now Google can go back to doing what it does best - search results and data breaches and leaks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Username
    Google can go back to doing what it does best - search results and data breaches and leaks.
    Surely that's not true!
    I thought kowtowing to totalitarian regimes was Google's forte

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is probably a logical move: they brought the Nexus One out to test the waters and to give Android a huge boost.
    There is an article which reports that the sales of Nexus One were low. Apparently, the sale through the carriers is the way to go.
    So, why waste resources on marketing a partner phone, when HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc are bringing the good stuff?

I don't see consequences for Nexus One. It is a great phone and is a prime candidate to get Android 3.0 and any further OS updates in the future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep of course!
    But knowing that a N2 will come out with all the little hardware limitations fixed it will be amazing,I mean Super Amoled or even the same LED technology that apple used for iphone 4, louder speaker for ringtones, support for old edge networks, 8mp camera...