Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Can someone write a list of all countries which got Gingerbread official update ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I rooted a Motorola Atrix 4G v 2.2.2 with Ginger Break. I got the icon superuser and ginger break after being rooted. Problem was when i use superclickone v 1.9.1 and clicked on allow non market apps, it prompted that phone wasn't rooted . How can that be if icons were all there. Tried to root it again using SuperOneClick without uninstalling Ginger Break (was this bad?) thinking it will overwrite my hack. Anyways it got stuck with installed psneuter... then it stops there like it froze.
    How do i go about solving this problem. Even tried uninstalling it "unroot" on superoneclick but wont uninstall.
    Anyone had this problem but was able to solve it. Please help... btw this is a locked phone from AT&T.
    ps Does my anti virus (McAffee) on my computer got to do with anything? Am using Win7 64 bit computer.
    Thanks! oh am just trying to help a friend root hers.... am using symbian phone so i'm noob to this...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm1102
    I rooted a Motorola Atrix 4G v 2.2.2 with Ginger Break. I got the icon superuser and ginger break after being rooted. Problem was when i use superclickone v 1.9.1 and clicked on allow non market apps, it prompted that phone wasn't rooted . How can that be if icons were all there. Tried to root it again using SuperOneClick without uninstalling Ginger Break (was this bad?) thinking it will overwrite my hack. Anyways it got stuck with installed psneuter... then it stops there like it froze.
    How do i go about solving this problem. Even tried uninstalling it "unroot" on superoneclick but wont uninstall.
    Anyone had this problem but was able to solve it. Please help... btw this is a locked phone from AT&T.
    ps Does my anti virus (McAffee) on my computer got to do with anything? Am using Win7 64 bit computer.
    Thanks! oh am just trying to help a friend root hers.... am using symbian phone so i'm noob to this...
    Fist, you need to post this in Android Modding section.
    Second, perhaps your phone was not fully rooted. Superuser icon confirms that there is some kind of root. Try to install apps that require root access, like Shootme or Titanium Backup. If you can't install them, then you are not rooted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi guys.. i bought the desire s and wanted to ask about the differences from gingerbread to my 2.3? are they big?
    how do i update, or can i even update?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You are right usta bro. I d/l shootme and it wont work says i have to have "ROOT" . so how do you think i get out of this problem?
    I already made a new post on this matter on Android modding. I dont know how to uninstall root... I checked Youtube but it was unrooting Samsung Captivate by some chick. I d/l Android Terminal app and followed her video but when i typed superuser.apk it said .... not found but if i check on my apps it is still there and when i click on it, Android Terminal app was in there.
    I thought rooting is a breeze, now it it like a nightmare for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sword
    hi guys.. i bought the desire s and wanted to ask about the differences from gingerbread to my 2.3? are they big?
    how do i update, or can i even update?
    Gingerbread IS v2.3.
    Desire S comes with v2.3.x and if there are some small updates, you will get a notification on your phone. Then the only thing you have to do is accept the update and it will be OTA downloaded and installed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Gingerbread IS v2.3.
    Desire S comes with v2.3.x and if there are some small updates, you will get a notification on your phone. Then the only thing you have to do is accept the update and it will be OTA downloaded and installed.
    +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Do you guys have any idea if they will be releasing the gingerbread update for the wifi only version of samsung galaxy tab? I have been searching for the answer through a number of forums already and have not found my luck.

I have consulted with samsung's web site and unfortunately, they missed out on providing a specific category for this model so you could not file tickets and search for more answers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Does anyone know the release of 2.3 for HTC Desire ?! Any date or something

Thanks in advance !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dargamel
    Does anyone know the release of 2.3 for HTC Desire ?! Any date or something

Thanks in advance !
    Date is unknown.