Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: advise me which phone to buy

and what about the droid x or the droid incredible? are those any good? or the upcoming droid 2?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

N1 is a wonderfull phone(somehow more computer than phone), I never though I could have so much fun and joy after using nokia and SE phones,dude I change Roms every week!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    N1 is a wonderfull phone(somehow more computer than phone), I never though I could have so much fun and joy after using nokia and SE phones,dude I change Roms every week!!!!
    Yep, Nexus One or Desire = both are a pleasure to use.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyshearing
    and what about the droid x or the droid incredible? are those any good? or the upcoming droid 2?
    All these are rumored phones, which are not officially announced yet. Therefore, it is too early to make a good judgement over them...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Samsung Galaxy S has slightly better CPU + GPU, has larger 4" screen and features SuperAMOLED screen.
    Well I certainly agree that the hummingbird got better GPU power, although I for one am almost certain that the snapdragon is more powerful in the CPU department, both CPUs are based on the ARMv7 instructions and while the Snapdragon is almost like the cortex A8 it is not an A8, what's been done about it is that they've optimized the kernels and so the computing done by the Snapdragons CPU is more powerful than the one found in the hummingbird SoC.

EDIT: Here's an article on the subject to this matter
    http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=17125

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If you are looking at an Android device, i will have to say the Nexus One would be my No.01 choice. Over the past year or so, it has become clear that the OS was is taking over the brand war.

Nexus One being Google's own baby, gets some right royal treatment when it comes to updates.

I personally am more of an Apple iPhone 4 fan, but hey what do i know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@skallaren,
    Good article. +1

Samsung Galaxy S is a bit too large for my taste, lacks camera flash, is more expensive, doesn't have the Sens UI, and is reportedly using a slow internal memory which is causing delays in for example opening applications.

As stated above, Google Nexus One is basically the same phone as HTC Desire. The differences are:
    * Nexus One has active noise cancellation, voice text entry.
    * Desire has more RAM, comes with HTC Sense, HTC Support, FM Radio, better buttons, auto ringer volume adjustment, flip-over mute, automatic full backup, extra widget windows, Helicopter mode.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@skallaren,
    Good article. +1

Samsung Galaxy S is a bit too large for my taste, lacks camera flash, is more expensive, doesn't have the Sens UI, and is reportedly using a slow internal memory which is causing delays in for example opening applications.

As stated above, Google Nexus One is basically the same phone as HTC Desire. The differences are:
    * Desire has more RAM, comes with HTC Sense, HTC Support, FM Radio, better buttons, auto ringer volume adjustment, flip-over mute, automatic full backup, extra widget windows, Helicopter mode.
    i think i would choose desire, because its newer, but what is helicopter mode?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@skallaren,
    Good article. +1

hehe..whats the helicopter mode ? :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by omar_killer
    hehe..whats the helicopter mode ? :P
    helicopter mode: when u perform pinch gesture on homescreen it gives you a view of all the Home screens, so u can jump from 1st HS to the last in an instance.
    apart from this if you get the desire u get extended support of developers from xdaforum which is a super advantage....
    would suggest
    HD2 if u keen on Win Mo
    Desire if u want a gr8 phone - gr8 cam
    x10 if u want a better cam but can do without multi touch (SE are way toooooo slow in releasing new firmwares)
    Galaxy S if you r willing to spend the moolah for a gr8 display but no flash (what was samsung thinking )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pranab.gupta
    helicopter mode: when u perform pinch gesture on homescreen it gives you a view of all the Home screens, so u can jump from 1st HS to the last in an instance.
    apart from this if you get the desire u get extended support of developers from xdaforum which is a super advantage....
    would suggest
    HD2 if u keen on Win Mo
    Desire if u want a gr8 phone - gr8 cam
    x10 if u want a better cam but can do without multi touch (SE are way toooooo slow in releasing new firmwares)
    Galaxy S if you r willing to spend the moolah for a gr8 display but no flash (what was samsung thinking )
    thx for the info about helicopter mode
    im kinda think im gonna wait for the htc evo 4g to come out, since it has a huge screen, and it will have froyo (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_EVO) :P
    ive snooped around a bit and i read that the galaxy s has bad build quality...and i certainly will not buy sony erricson... i will not rely on a company who has already considered using symbian for their flagship device... and to win Mo, no thanks im very excited about froyo... flash is amazingly smooth on the phone if its done right, unlike skyfire for symbian ...
    then again, the droid x is coming soon and the droid incredible was released last month in america... would also be good choices, what do you think?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast