Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: htc hero help...

hi...i really need help now...so,i downloaded a custom rom,but the problem is that i am very confused on how to make a custom recovery..please help,because i got that android device for its lovely apps. but now i cant do any thing..if you have a guide for making a recovery rom or if you can write i would be very greatfull

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Think of the recovery image as the windows safe boot. It will allow you to perform certain tasks needed to complete the flashing process.

Unfortunately, I have not done an actual Hero flashing, as I don't have one myself. If nobody can help in this forum, just post in XDA and I'm sure someone will help you there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

problem solved...today i took it to a phone store and told him the problem...he understood it ,and he will root my device,but it will take 2hours so it told him ill take it monday (since sunday the shops will close)...so i have to live without my hero for 2 days :S

edit: its a really nice phone... AMAZING PHONE!! android rock!!! :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Glad you found a solution.
    Android rocks indeed. I've jumped from Symbian to Android and never look back - no more annoying need to sign the apps, no more low RAM, no more old and slow UI. Especially, the recent powerful phones (like Desire) are a pleasure to use. Enjoy your new Android device and have fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Glad you found a solution.
    Android rocks indeed. I've jumped from Symbian to Android and never look back - no more annoying need to sign the apps, no more low RAM, no more old and slow UI. Especially, the recent powerful phones (like Desire) are a pleasure to use. Enjoy your new Android device and have fun.
    thanks..and yes,i found that opening many apps+ music player didnt drain much of my battery,and the phone was still fast...cant wait for monday

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey Usta and Omar !
    Ive also started using an android recently. I love the feel and looks. But Im not very confident of rooting it and flashing it with custom Rom. I did try the XDA forums but all those terminologies seem like Greek and Latin to me now. Im scared to toy around with the device as there is no HTC customer care support shop in my city. I got my device from a city which is a two-day train journey away. So Im totally dependent on the Net for support and information.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@spandaa,
    XDA forum is the best place as far as I know for trying custom ROMs.
    I would suggest you to take it slow, observe similar the posts on internet and eventually, you will know how to play with Android safely.

If you are using a Hero (which I don't see in your profile), then perhaps the best thing is to wait first for the big update to OS 2.1.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks Usta for your advice. I have a HTC -Legend. This was the only latest device available there at the time.I know I took a huge risk. But I wanted to experience the android OS so much. My Os is updated to 2.1.

Im so used to the heart-warming Nokia 5800 community at Daily Mobile. Im feeling a little lost with my HTC at present.

Yes Im taking it slow. 60 % of my usage is with the Market. Its a great app store.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

With the HTC Legend in your possession, why do you still have Nokia 5800 on your profile then?

The Nokia community is the cornerstone in this forum, so it is not a surprise that other phones/OSs have less members here. Hopefully, this will change in the future.

Android Market is fantastic. It is very user friendly and the automatic update of the installed apps is perfect.

After experiencing Android on HTC Desire, there is no way I would go back to Symbian...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    With the HTC Legend in your possession, why do you still have Nokia 5800 on your profile then?

The Nokia community is the cornerstone in this forum, so it is not a surprise that other phones/OSs have less members here. Hopefully, this will change in the future.

Android Market is fantastic. It is very user friendly and the automatic update of the installed apps is perfect.

After experiencing Android on HTC Desire, there is no way I would go back to Symbian...
    yea,i hope that android will have its share in this forum,because this is a fantastic forum,and although i dont have any symbian,i come here every day....hopefully after i receive my phone back,ill start posting news,apps,games,and even custom roms,and everyone who have an android device would help me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast