Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: ANDROID market Vs Apple's

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas1975
    I don't like the Android Market...

For me, the best is App Store, then Ovi Store and last Android Market.

Android Market should have a good site where you could see/browse the available apps.

I don't like also the "open market system". There is almost no control on the apps that are published and not long time ago a simple animated wallpaper was responsible for stealing private informations from thousands of users/clients.
    Android market is much more functional than OVI. The sorting, searching (OVI Store had always bugs here), automatic updates, etc are simply more superior.

If you want a website on PC to search for apps, then go to http://www.androlib.com
    It catalogs all the apps in the Market and you can see all the info just like on the Market.

Google has a certain degree of control and they can ban apps from the Market if they wish. There is a chance of getting a bad application that turns out to be a spyware. However, this is where the user comments and rating system is coming. If you don't want to run a risk, then first check the user comments, ratings and number of downloads. You can be pretty safe if you stick to the most popular apps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    ANDROID market Vs Apple's

I already knew that site and I still think that Android is bad served of a good website store.

Browsing your phone to choose apps is boring (at least for me) and I think google should be more careful about the apps they allow at the store.

I'm not saying the apps are not great or Android is bad (I'm buying one :P). Is the store I don't like. The official site simply sucks and they (as well as Ovi Store) shouldn't allow for developers to publish apps as freeware if they are adware. They should create this category so things can be more clear to the user.

shadowninty

I don't like the Android Market...

For me, the best is App Store, then Ovi Store and last Android Market.

Android Market should have a good site where you could see/browse the available apps.

I don't like also the "open market system". There is almost no control on the apps that are published and not long time ago a simple animated wallpaper was responsible for stealing private informations from thousands of users/clients.
    I guess the best of both worlds would be to have a fast review system, to remove malicious apps ONLY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I already knew that site and I still think that Android is bad served of a good website store.

Browsing your phone to choose apps is boring (at least for me) and I think google should be more careful about the apps they allow at the store.

I'm not saying the apps are not great or Android is bad (I'm buying one :P). Is the store I don't like. The official site simply sucks and they (as well as Ovi Store) shouldn't allow for developers to publish apps as freeware if they are adware. They should create this category so things can be more clear to the user.
    Question, why you keep sayin site. There's a proper Android Market App available to browse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I really like android. i was using a nokia 5800 and a couple of months ago i got a htc hero (not the latest smartphone but still quite good) and was blown away. the speed of it was amazing. where the nokia 5800 lagged to open menus, the hero was super smooth (even though both have around the same amount of processing power) And then when you start flashing custom roms and overclock the device, you see the potential android has. In my opinion i like android better than ios because it is more customisable which means you dont have to rely on google or your phone manufacturer for updates, you can always flash a custom rom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123