Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: ANDROID market Vs Apple's

Apple Vs Android in aspects of free apps

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

nice Stats,also I have heard somewhere that android will have 200,000 apps at the year end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    nice Stats,also I have heard somewhere that android will have 200,000 apps at the year end.
    Looking at the exponential growth pace, I believe that might just happen (there are now more than 100k).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

forget about games for a while, android being open to all not like apple. In this term, apps on the appstore somehow is sort of much duplications of usage while on android with custom goodness and roots access, apps on the android market will be in a wider scope. Yes people do compare numbers comparing to quality but i see that eventhough android market is relatively small, it is sufficient already and unique (forget all those wallpaper junk apps for a while too. lol)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Android's open market system allows similar applications to compete with each other. This results in users picking up only the best apps for their phones. For example, there are more than 10 video players, where you can chose the best that is most suitable for you by checking user ratings and trying them yourself. Apple's tight control over the apps is a barrier to this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Android's open market system allows similar applications to compete with each other. This results in users picking up only the best apps for their phones. For example, there are more than 10 video players, where you can chose the best that is most suitable for you by checking user ratings and trying them yourself. Apple's tight control over the apps is a barrier to this.
    COMPLETELY agree this is the beauty of Android,especialy for many of us ex-Symbian users where there wasnt much variety and competition between app developers, which caused very slow growth and development. Got my X10 a month ago and DAILY im just blown away by the quality and functionality of the Android system and its apps. I find the Apple AppStore to be a bit clutered and unorganized,whereas in Android its all very well placed and it even notifys you of app updates of apps you have installed, overall i much rather prefer Android,its open and its growing rapidly.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 + 64GB MicroSDXC
    Apple iPad 4 WiFi+LTE
    Sony PlayStation 4 1TB + PS Camera & PS TV

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

From what I see open mindedly, Both, Android and Apple OS are flourishing OS's, and both have managed to take over the market. While Android apps are still building, App already has millions, but this is due to the dev's taking time to identify how powerful the OS is. And Android while may not have a pathetic number of apps in millions, each and every app it has is useful, and best part is, 75% of the store is free.

It basically comes down to choices. I agree with Radical's point of view too. If you're an iPhone user, and suddenly given an Android.. you may not find it comfortbale at all. Where as us Symbian users, given any phone on this hand, Apple or Android, will like both functunalities, and stores.

I've played with both, iPhone 3GS, and Samsung Galaxy S, Tbh, I like both. Both, OS and App store wise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMack
    From what I see open mindedly, Both, Android and Apple OS are flourishing OS's, and both have managed to take over the market. While Android apps are still building, App already has millions, but this is due to the dev's taking time to identify how powerful the OS is. And Android while may not have a pathetic number of apps in millions, each and every app it has is useful, and best part is, 75% of the store is free.

It basically comes down to choices. I agree with Radical's point of view too. If you're an iPhone user, and suddenly given an Android.. you may not find it comfortbale at all. Where as us Symbian users, given any phone on this hand, Apple or Android, will like both functunalities, and stores.

I've played with both, iPhone 3GS, and Samsung Galaxy S, Tbh, I like both. Both, OS and App store wise.
    Very correct.
    A symbian user for example will be totally blown away if he shifts to an Android.There r so many customizations,apps,huge army of devs regularly working.Frankly telling after using this i may never return to symbian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    Very correct.
    A symbian user for example will be totally blown away if he shifts to an Android.There r so many customizations,apps,huge army of devs regularly working.Frankly telling after using this i may never return to symbian.
    I have not touched my 5800 since I've got Desire.
    It's like stepping from a crappy 30year old small car (that breaks frequently) to a new shiny Aston Martin.
    In all aspects, Android experience is more pleasant than Symbian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    ANDROID market Vs Apple's

I don't like the Android Market...

For me, the best is App Store, then Ovi Store and last Android Market.

Android Market should have a good site where you could see/browse the available apps.

I don't like also the "open market system". There is almost no control on the apps that are published and not long time ago a simple animated wallpaper was responsible for stealing private informations from thousands of users/clients.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast