Join Today
    Administrator
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Review and Demo of the Nokia JBL Power Up Speaker

When the Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 were introduced to the world earlier this year in New York City the JBL Power Up speaker was also unveiled. This speaker is a companion to the all of the Nokia Lumia devices with NFC and wireless charging. It can connect using NFC, Bluetooth or even simply a 3.5 mm standard Audio cable. The folks at AT&T were good enough to let me take on for a spin so lets dive in and see what we can find out shall we?

One of the first thing I noticed about the Power up speaker is that it is smaller than I remember it at Nokia NYC earlier in the year. *While it's not small or light by any stretch there is no battery in it so it's not built to be a portable speaker anyway. *It's made to sit in an area where you spend a lot of time listening to music like a living room or bedroom. (oddly enough mine is in my kitchen) * Once you realize exactly it was built for it's a brilliant piece of kit that not only can fill any room with great sounding music but also can charge your phone at the same time.
    Here's a few specs before we get to the video:<ul>[*]Wireless operating range - 15 mm in case of NFC and 10 m in case of Bluetooth[*]Connectivity options - NFC (Near Field Communications), Bluetooth 2.1 EDR and Qi-Wireless charging[*]65 - 20000 Hz frequency response[*]Available in three colors - Black, Cyan and White[*]Dimensions: 115 x 280 x 145 mm[*]Weight: 1.59 Kg[*]Cable Length: 1500 m[*]Micro-USB connector for software updates[*]3.5 mm standard Audio output jack[*](2x) 10 watt speaker drivers[*]94 dB maximum output[/list]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuDLBneCjmE[/youtube]
    The one issue I had with the speaker is that it seemed to pair slower with my devices than my Nokia Play 360 did. Where as the the Play 360 speaker was almost instant pairing (NFC and Bluetooth) the Power up took a few seconds longer to connect NFC. While this is not a deal breaker it's just something I felt I had to report. *You can check out the Play 360 pairing on video below.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-8tfxfoEw[/youtube]
    This speaker can be bought here stateside at any AT&T or on Amazon.com for $299.99. Questions on this device? Simply leave them in the comments or send me tweet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Review and Demo of the Nokia JBL Power Up Speaker

good one from nokia